* directory structure
@ 2012-06-08  9:36 Jan Pohanka
From: Jan Pohanka @ 2012-06-08  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

here's next of my newbie questions.
I have a template for some sort of documents, lets say a report in one
file as an environment. It contains also a definition for a footer with an
image. I'd like to have the image on some other path than documents
together with the template so I have to use \setupexternalfigures, but is
it possible to specify a path independently of the env file and document
file location. I mean some kind of global variable $TEMPLATES_DIR.

Is it also possible to set some global path, where context will search the
env files and not to use the full path in document file? Is enviroment
good aproach to define templates? I have read Han's document about project
structure, but it does something a bit different I think.

template file in some directory on the system:
\startenvironment myreport
\setupexternalfigures[directory=???]
\setupfootertexts[{\externalfigure[mypic]}]
\stopenvironment

document file in some other directory:
\enviroment myreport

\starttext
\stoptext

best regards
Jan

--
Tato zpráva byla vytvořena převratnou poštovní aplikací Opery:
http://www.opera.com/mail/

* Re: directory structure
@ 2012-06-12 12:35 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-06-12 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-06-08 "Jan Pohanka" <xhpohanka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it also possible to set some global path, where context will
> search the  env files and not to use the full path in document
> file?

Put the files in your local texmf directory: $HOME/texmf/

> Is enviroment  good aproach to define templates?

For general document templates I create modules. They define the
entire document layout. Everything except the content. This makes
sense if the layout is likely to be reused.

I use environments to define individual parts of the layout eg. font
setups, header setup, etc. If the document layout unique to this
particular document I often only use environments.

> template file in some directory on the system: \startenvironment
> myreport ... \setupexternalfigures[directory=???]
> \setupfootertexts[{\externalfigure[mypic]}] ... \stopenvironment

External figures are also found in the local texmf directory.

Marco