* Quick slide templates
@ 2013-02-20  4:11 Kumar Appaiah
From: Kumar Appaiah @ 2013-02-20  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt list,

This could be more of a style and TeX question than a ConTeXt
question. Nevertheles:

I am making a presentation that involves some simple animations. The
way I make those animations is by:

1. Stopping page numbering.
2. Flipping through the same slide repeated, but with img0, img1, img2 etc.
3. Start page numbering.

The problem with my naïve approach of repeating slides is that fixing
a spelling error or making changes implies that I have to do it several
times for an “animated” slide, and is error-prone. Could you point me
to a way by which I can make a slide something like a “function” whose
argument is the image, and calling it creates that slide with an
image?

FWIW, I use texexec --xtx, but I am guessing a LuaTeX solution would
be simpler. The XeTeX solution is what I am not able to find now.

Thanks!

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah

* Re: Quick slide templates
@ 2013-02-20  9:16 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2013-02-20  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2013–02–19 Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> I am making a presentation that involves some simple animations. The
> way I make those animations is by:
>
> 1. Stopping page numbering.
> 2. Flipping through the same slide repeated, but with img0, img1, img2 etc.
> 3. Start page numbering.
>
> The problem with my naïve approach of repeating slides is that fixing
> a spelling error or making changes implies that I have to do it several
> times for an “animated” slide, and is error-prone.

You could use buffers:

\newdimen\cnt
\starttext

\startbuffer [greenbar]
  \blackrule[width=4cm, height=5mm, color=green]
\stopbuffer

\dorecurse{10}{%%
  \blackrule[width=\textwidth]
  \advance\cnt1cm \hskip\cnt
  \getbuffer[greenbar]\page}

\stoptext

Marco

* Re: Quick slide templates
@ 2013-02-20 10:58   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2013-02-20 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Kumar.
I make my PDF animations so that I first create a single multi-page PDF
file whose separate pages are separate animation frames.
Then this auxiliary PDF file I put into another PDF file using \ fieldstack.
Here's how I prepare a separate animation file.

\def\setmyparameter#1#2{%
\global\def\myparameter{#2}#1%
}%

\def\processmyparameters[#1]#2%
   {\processcommalist[#1]{\setmyparameter{#2}}}

\startbuffer [greenbar]
   \blackrule[width=\myparameter, height=5mm, color=green]
\stopbuffer

\starttext

\processmyparameters[1cm,2cm,3.5cm,4.5cm,8cm,11cm]{
   \getbuffer[greenbar]\page}

\stoptext

Greetings
Jaroslav Hajtmar

Dne 20.2.2013 10:16, Marco Patzer napsal(a):
> \newdimen\cnt
> \starttext
>
> \startbuffer [greenbar]
>    \blackrule[width=4cm, height=5mm, color=green]
> \stopbuffer
>
> \dorecurse{10}{%%
>    \blackrule[width=\textwidth]
>    \advance\cnt1cm \hskip\cnt
>    \getbuffer[greenbar]\page}
>
> \stoptext

* Re: Quick slide templates
@ 2013-02-20 16:27     ` Kumar Appaiah
From: Kumar Appaiah @ 2013-02-20 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:58:24AM +0100, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello Kumar.
> I make my PDF animations so that I first create a single multi-page
> PDF file whose separate pages are separate animation frames.
> Then this auxiliary PDF file I put into another PDF file using \ fieldstack.
> Here's how I prepare a separate animation file.
>

> \def\setmyparameter#1#2{%
> \global\def\myparameter{#2}#1%
> }%
>
> \def\processmyparameters[#1]#2%
>   {\processcommalist[#1]{\setmyparameter{#2}}}
>
> \startbuffer [greenbar]
>   \blackrule[width=\myparameter, height=5mm, color=green]
> \stopbuffer
>

> \starttext
>
> \processmyparameters[1cm,2cm,3.5cm,4.5cm,8cm,11cm]{
>   \getbuffer[greenbar]\page}
>
> \stoptext

Thank you for this solution. I just tried this, and this works well
for me as well!

Kumar

From: Kumar Appaiah @ 2013-02-20 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:16:30AM +0100, Marco Patzer wrote:
> > I am making a presentation that involves some simple animations. The
> > way I make those animations is by:
> >
> > 1. Stopping page numbering.
> > 2. Flipping through the same slide repeated, but with img0, img1, img2 etc.
> > 3. Start page numbering.
> >
> > The problem with my naïve approach of repeating slides is that fixing
> > a spelling error or making changes implies that I have to do it several
> > times for an “animated” slide, and is error-prone.
>
> You could use buffers:
>
> \newdimen\cnt
> \starttext
>
> \startbuffer [greenbar]
>   \blackrule[width=4cm, height=5mm, color=green]
> \stopbuffer
>
> \dorecurse{10}{%%
>   \blackrule[width=\textwidth]
>   \advance\cnt1cm \hskip\cnt
>   \getbuffer[greenbar]\page}
>
> \stoptext

This is a lovely solution, and I'll put off learning LuaTeX for
now. Thanks! :-)

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah