* [***SPAM***] Question about current ConTeXt with XeTeX
@ 2013-02-22 11:25 hwitloc
From: hwitloc @ 2013-02-22 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I just read in contextgarden.net the following:
  "Note that XeTeX uses mkii and LuaTeX uses mkiv ; in principle mkii is frozen so new features and improvements will only happen in mkiv."

  I use the ConTeXt which comes in TEXLIVE 2012, which I assume uses Mark IV.  Does that mean that I can not use this version of ConTeXt with XeteX which also comes packaged in TEXLIVE?

Regards

* Re: [***SPAM***] Question about current ConTeXt with XeTeX
@ 2013-02-22 12:45 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2013-02-22 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2013–02–22 hwitloc@gmail.com wrote:

>   I use the ConTeXt which comes in TEXLIVE 2012, which I assume uses Mark IV.  Does that mean that I can not use this version of ConTeXt with XeteX which also comes packaged in TEXLIVE?

You can use MkII with XeTeX as follows:

  context --xetex file.tex

Marco

* Re: [***SPAM***] Question about current ConTeXt with  XeTeX
@ 2013-02-22 13:29   ` hwitloc
From: hwitloc @ 2013-02-22 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the helpful information.
I didn't know tha MkII was included in the distribution or about the --xetex option.

Darel

Marco Patzer <homerow@lavabit.com> wrote:
> On 2013–02–22 hwitloc@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >   I use the ConTeXt which comes in TEXLIVE 2012, which I assume uses Mark IV.  Does that mean that I can not use this version of ConTeXt with XeteX which also comes packaged in TEXLIVE?
>
> You can use MkII with XeTeX as follows:
>
>   context --xetex file.tex
>
> Marco

* Re: Question about current ConTeXt with XeTeX
@ 2013-02-22 13:34   ` d.henman
From: d.henman @ 2013-02-22 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the clear and detailed explanation.  It helped clear up the difference, or lak thereof between the -xtxx anf --xetex options for the different scripts/programs.

@ 2013-02-22 13:47 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2013-02-22 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)