* luatex 0.75 and Debian Wheezy
@ 2013-03-05  8:31 bbvogel
From: bbvogel @ 2013-03-05  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Debian Wheezy (soon to be released) uses GLIBC_2.13, so this error is
expected.

texlua: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found
(required by texlua)

Regards,

Bernard

* Re: luatex 0.75 and Debian Wheezy
@ 2013-03-05  9:19 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2013-03-05  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM,  <bbvogel@home.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Debian Wheezy (soon to be released) uses GLIBC_2.13, so this error is
> expected.
>
> texlua: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found
> (required by texlua)

This means that the binaries should be compiled on an older*** linux
box than they are now. (For i386 linux we compile on an ancient box.)

Mojca

*** For the appropriate meaning of the word older: probably meaning
with an older version of glibc.

* Re: luatex 0.75 and Debian Wheezy
@ 2013-03-05 10:12   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2013-03-05 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 05 2013, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> This means that the binaries should be compiled on an older*** linux
> box than they are now.

Right. I would have to install a virtual machine with some older
distribution. But it will only be possible next week...

--
           Peter

* Re: luatex 0.75 and Debian Wheezy
@ 2013-03-05 13:31     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-03-05 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:12:08 +0100
Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 05 2013, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> > This means that the binaries should be compiled on an older*** linux
> > box than they are now.
>
> Right. I would have to install a virtual machine with some older
> distribution. But it will only be possible next week...

I can easily compile amd64 and i386 binaries on Debian/linux.

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.75.0-2013030513  (TeX Live 2013/dev)(rev 4589)

Indeed, Peter's new binaries fail(ed).

--
Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC