* [***SPAM***] Celsius or Me
@ 2013-06-15 16:17 d.henman
From: d.henman @ 2013-06-15 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I am using the latest TeXLive update version of MKIV (used tlmgr to update).

In a compile time message Context says that it doesn't like:
  "
! Argument of \celsius has an extra }.

system          > tex > error on line 15 in file degree-problem.tex: Argument of  ...
"

-------------------------------- example macro document
\starttext

Temperature is in \celsius which seem cooler than degrees K, but really are not.

\startfact
	\fact specific heat for water ... \celsius is much greater than air \\ x \\ y \\
\stopfact

\startlegend
        \leg Temperature  \\  5 \celsius        \\ xyz \\
\stoplegend

\startformula
        \frac{j}{ m^2 \cdot s \cdot \celsius }
\stopformula

  A formula by itself:  \frac{j}{m^2\cdot s\cdot \celsius}   continuing text.
\blank
  A formula inlined:  $ \frac{j}{m^2\cdot s\cdot \celsius} $  continuting text.

\stoptext

-------------------------------- end of example code

The bad things that happer:

Word mangling in the first threeconstructs:

	which -->  w◦Chich

        is    -->  i◦Cs

    ???    ◦Cxyz  ?  should the  ◦C be separated from the xyz in a fact block?

\celsius is getting cut out of the formula and put in after a newline in the last constructs.   This may be an affect of the above problem, but I don't know.

--------------------------------

please take a look at this.  I just found out about a unit package, but this should work.

Thank.

* Re: [***SPAM***] Celsius or Me
@ 2013-06-15 17:38 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-06-15 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.06.2013 um 18:17 schrieb d.henman <dhenman@gmail.com>:

> I am using the latest TeXLive update version of MKIV (used tlmgr to update).
>
> In a compile time message Context says that it doesn't like:
>  "
> ! Argument of \celsius has an extra }.
>
> system          > tex > error on line 15 in file degree-problem.tex: Argument of  ...
> "
>
> -------------------------------- example macro document
> \starttext
>
> Temperature is in \celsius which seem cooler than degrees K, but really are not.
>
> \startfact
> 	\fact specific heat for water ... \celsius is much greater than air \\ x \\ y \\
> \stopfact
>
> \startlegend
>        \leg Temperature  \\  5 \celsius        \\ xyz \\
> \stoplegend
>

> \startformula
>        \frac{j}{ m^2 \cdot s \cdot \celsius }
> \stopformula
>
>  A formula by itself:  \frac{j}{m^2\cdot s\cdot \celsius}   continuing text.
> \blank
>  A formula inlined:  $ \frac{j}{m^2\cdot s\cdot \celsius} $  continuting text.
>
> \stoptext
>
> -------------------------------- end of example code
>

> The bad things that happer:
>
> Word mangling in the first threeconstructs:
>
> 	which -->  w◦Chich
>
>        is    -->  i◦Cs
>
>    ???    ◦Cxyz  ?  should the  ◦C be separated from the xyz in a fact block?
>

> \celsius is getting cut out of the formula and put in after a newline in the last constructs.   This may be an affect of the above problem, but I don't know.
>

> --------------------------------
>
> please take a look at this.  I just found out about a unit package, but this should work.

The \celsius command expects a argument (e.g. \celsius{5}) which is missing in your document.

Wolfgang

* Re: [***SPAM***] Celsius or Me
@ 2013-06-17  0:22   ` hwitloc
From: hwitloc @ 2013-06-17  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang,
 thank you for pointing out that an argument was needed with the \celsius macro.

darel

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> The \celsius command expects a argument (e.g. \celsius{5}) which is missing in your document.
>
> Wolfgang

Regarding:

> Am 15.06.2013 um 18:17 schrieb d.henman
> >
> > I am using the latest TeXLive update version of MKIV (used tlmgr to update).
> >
> > In a compile time message Context says that it doesn't like:
> >  "
> > ! Argument of \celsius has an extra }.
> >
> > system          > tex > error on line 15 in file degree-problem.tex: Argument of  ...
> > "

---