* Third party modules in LMTX
@ 2020-02-12  4:10 jdh
From: jdh @ 2020-02-12  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I would like to use Wolfgang's t-letter module, but need some help.

I found the following instructions:

"The ConTeXt suite only comes with Taco's t-bib module. If you want to install a new module, say Wolfgang's t-letter module, you can use

 first-setup.sh --modules="t-letter"

BUT, the LMTX standalone does not have any "first-setup.sh"  shell script.

Is there another way to install the "t-letter" module for use with LMTX?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
  Darel

* Re: Third party modules in LMTX
@ 2020-02-14  7:48 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-02-14  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/12/20 5:10 PM, jdh wrote:

> I would like to use Wolfgang's t-letter module, but need some help.
>
> I found the following instructions:
>
> "The ConTeXt suite only comes with Taco's t-bib module. If you want to install a new module, say Wolfgang's t-letter module, you can use
>
>  first-setup.sh --modules="t-letter"
>

> BUT, the LMTX standalone does not have any "first-setup.sh"  shell script.
>
> Is there another way to install the "t-letter" module for use with LMTX?

#!/bin/sh

# Install or update texmf-modules
# Requires: awk, rsync

# Check whether LuaMetaTeX is available
if ! command -v luametatex > /dev/null; then
    echo "luametatex is not in PATH, so there likely won't be the correct mtxrun"
    echo "Aborting..."
    exit 1
fi

# Make the texmf-modules directory, just in case
TEXMFMODULES="$(mtxrun --resolve-path "\$TEXMFMODULES")"
mkdir -p "${TEXMFMODULES}/"

# Sync with the Garden
GARDENRSYNC="contextgarden.net::minimals/current/modules"
for module in $(rsync "${GARDENRSYNC}/*" | awk '{print $NF}'); do
    echo "Syncing ${module}"
    rsync -rpztlv --delete "${GARDENRSYNC}/${module}/" "${TEXMFMODULES}/"
done

@ 2020-03-09 15:28   ` Jorge Manuel
From: Jorge Manuel @ 2020-03-09 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Attention:

I tried to install TiKZ module in my macOS Catalina with this shell script and several folders in my system are deleted.

My Context Folder is located at /Applications folder.

Is there a safe way to install modules for LMTX.

Thanks.

@ 2020-03-09 16:24     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-03-09 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/9/2020 4:28 PM, Jorge Manuel wrote:

> *Attention: *
>
> I tried to install TiKZ module in my macOS Catalina with this shell
> script and several folders in my system *are deleted*.

you mean, when you update?

> My Context Folder is located at /Applications folder.
>
> Is there a safe way to install modules for LMTX.
tex/texmf-fonts

   additional fonts, like those you buy or download, for
   instance under /fonts/data then)

tex/texmf-project

   additional styles, these can go to tex/context/someproject

tex/texmf-local
tex/texmf-modules

   for whatever else

(you need to run mtxrun --generate after adding files)

Hans