* [secure site not available]
@ 2022-09-14 14:43 Floris van Manen via ntg-context
From: Floris van Manen via ntg-context @ 2022-09-14 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

When trying to download the context distribution for linux and 64

https://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/context-linux-64.zip

i get a warning about missing security:

HTTPS-Only Mode Alert
Secure Site Not Available

You’ve enabled HTTPS-Only Mode for enhanced security, and a HTTPS
version of lmtx.pragma-ade.nl is not available.

Learn More…
What could be causing this?

     Most likely, the website simply does not support HTTPS.
     It’s also possible that an attacker is involved. If you decide to
visit the website, you should not enter any sensitive information like
passwords, emails, or credit card details.

If you continue, HTTPS-Only Mode will be turned off temporarily for this
site.

Is there a (simple) solution?

* Re: [secure site not available]
@ 2022-09-14 17:19 ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2022-09-14 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Floris van Manen via ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 9/14/22 16:43, Floris van Manen via ntg-context wrote:
> When trying to download the context distribution for linux and 64
>
> https://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/context-linux-64.zip
>
> i get a warning about missing security:
> [...]
> Is there a (simple) solution?

Hi Florian,

I only have a simple explanation:

https://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl, https://pragma-ade.nl and
https://pragma-ade.com seem to use a certificate that is only valid for
https://lmtx.pragma-ade.com (according to Firefox).

Each domain (and subdomain) requires its own certificate. (And
non-automatic certificate renewal is a real pain [I have to add].)

Right now, Hans will be the whole week @
https://meeting.contextgarden.net/2022/programme.shtml.

So, you will have to wait or use
https://lmtx.pragma-ade.com/install-lmtx/context-linux-64.zip (right
now, it seems to work 😆).

I hope it might help,

Pablo

* Re: [secure site not available]
@ 2022-09-15 10:41   ` Marco Patzer via ntg-context
From: Marco Patzer via ntg-context @ 2022-09-15 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 19:19:05 +0200
Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

> https://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl, https://pragma-ade.nl and
> https://pragma-ade.com seem to use a certificate that is only valid
> for https://lmtx.pragma-ade.com (according to Firefox).

Correct. This is a misconfigured webserver, so the error is valid.

> Each domain (and subdomain) requires its own certificate.

That's not quite correct AFAIK. Let's encrypt supports wildcard
certificates, so

  lmtx.pragma-ade.nl and
       pragma-ade.nl

could be covered by the same certificate. And each certificate can
also cover multiple domains (SAN). So one certificate should be
enough for all abovementioned (sub)domains.

> (And non-automatic certificate renewal is a real pain [I have to
> add].)

I totally agree on that one.

Certbot definitely supports wildcard certificates and AFAIK you can
just specify multiple domains with the “-d” option.

Marco