* [NTG-context] textbackground spacing offset
@ 2023-11-16 12:52 Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2023-11-16 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I'm having problems getting the textbackground spacing offset to work.
Example:

\setupframedtext
  [offset=overlay,
   width=max,
   depthcorrection=off]

\setuptextbackground
  [location=paragraph,
   %% offset=overlay,           %% does nothing
   %% backgroundoffset=overlay, %% does nothing
   %% depthcorrection=off,      %% does nothing
   %% topoffset=3mm,            %% works, but only for positive values
   background=,
   frame=on]

\starttext
  \startframedtext
    \framed{Foo}
  \stopframedtext
  \starttextbackground
    \framed{Foo}
  \stoptextbackground
\stoptext

How do it get the same spacing as in the framedtext case? The
textbackground has a small gap between the inner and outer frame at
the top and a larger gab at the bottom. I'm not concerned with
horizontal spacing here.

Marco

LMTX 2023.09.04 19:15

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: textbackground spacing offset
@ 2024-01-31 18:15 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2024-01-31 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:52:05 +0100
Marco Patzer <lists@homerow.info> wrote:

> I'm having problems getting the textbackground spacing offset to work.
> Example:
>
> \setupframedtext
>   [offset=overlay,
>    width=max,
>    depthcorrection=off]
>
> \setuptextbackground
>   [location=paragraph,
>    %% offset=overlay,           %% does nothing
>    %% backgroundoffset=overlay, %% does nothing
>    %% depthcorrection=off,      %% does nothing
>    %% topoffset=3mm,            %% works, but only for positive values
>    background=,
>    frame=on]
>
> \starttext
>   \startframedtext
>     \framed{Foo}
>   \stopframedtext
>   \starttextbackground
>     \framed{Foo}
>   \stoptextbackground
> \stoptext
>
> How do it get the same spacing as in the framedtext case?

Is there a solution to this? Or an explanation why the spacing
differs?

Marco

@ 2024-01-31 18:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2024-01-31 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 1/31/2024 7:15 PM, Marco Patzer wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:52:05 +0100
> Marco Patzer <lists@homerow.info> wrote:
>
>> I'm having problems getting the textbackground spacing offset to work.
>> Example:
>>
>> \setupframedtext
>>    [offset=overlay,
>>     width=max,
>>     depthcorrection=off]
>>
>> \setuptextbackground
>>    [location=paragraph,
>>     %% offset=overlay,           %% does nothing
>>     %% backgroundoffset=overlay, %% does nothing
>>     %% depthcorrection=off,      %% does nothing
>>     %% topoffset=3mm,            %% works, but only for positive values
>>     background=,
>>     frame=on]
>>
>> \starttext
>>    \startframedtext
>>      \framed{Foo}
>>    \stopframedtext
>>    \starttextbackground
>>      \framed{Foo}
>>    \stoptextbackground
>> \stoptext
>>
>> How do it get the same spacing as in the framedtext case?
>
> Is there a solution to this? Or an explanation why the spacing
> differs?
these are fundamentally different mechanisms .. you can play with
\inframed in the second case

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2024-01-31 19:42     ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2024-01-31 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 19:41:02 +0100
Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> >> How do it get the same spacing as in the framedtext case?
> >
> > Is there a solution to this? Or an explanation why the spacing
> > differs?
> these are fundamentally different mechanisms .. you can play with
> \inframed in the second case

\inframed did make a difference, indeed. I'll check if I can obtain
the spacing I need. Thanks.

Marco

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl