From: Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup@flump.de>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: [NTG-context] Link from a PDF to a  reference of an embedded PDF
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:25:59 +0200	[thread overview]

I found the "interaction" parameter in the documentation for
setupexternalfigure/externalfigure [1]. I, however do not quite
understand it. When embedding another PDF with this command, it seems to
be possible to include the references of the underlying PDF. It is
possible to link to them within the main context document? In [2], I
found something maybe related but it requires a tuc file.

Example:

inner.tex:
```
\starttext
\startsection[title=References, reference=sec:ref]
Some text
\placeformula[eq:foo]
\startformula
	1 + 2 = 3
\stopformula
or:
\startitemize[n]
	\item[item:bla] bla
	\item[item:blub] blub
\stopitemize

Find all references \in[sec:ref], \in[eq:foo], \in[item:bla], \in[item:blub].
\stoptext
```

outer.tex:
```
\starttext
\externalfigure[inner.pdf][width=10cm, interactive=reference]

Find all references \in[sec:ref], \in[eq:foo], \in[item:bla], \in[item:blub].
\stoptext
```

Can I somehow access the references of inner.tex from outer.tex?
For me, it is not that relevant, that the correct number is set, but the
interaction within the outer PDF should work, so clicking on the
reference should scroll to the correct content.

Background of my question: I normally do graphics in a separate PDFs.
Some graphics consists of source code together with a graphical
representation and I want to be able to link to single source code lines.

Gerion

[1] https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupexternalfigure
[2] https://wiki.contextgarden.net/References#References_to_an_external_file