* \infull not working
@ 2020-11-18 12:35 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2020-11-18 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Context News Group

Dear Group,
Thanks for your excellent work.

I have just got a new computer and installed Context as I normally do. Unfortunately there appears to be a bug, unless I have done something wrong. \infull appears not to be working. I have used the following test file which is from the wiki but split the line with \infull{Ch} in two to be certain.

\definesynonyms[test][tests][\infull]

\setupsynonyms[test][criterium=all]

 \test{ITU}{International Telecommunication Union}
 \test{MID}{Maritime Identification Digit}
 \test{Ch}{Switzerland}

\starttext

The \ITU\ is an
organisation in \infull{Ch}

\subject{Short is nice}
 \placelistoftests

\stoptext

The log message has this in it.

tex error       > tex error on line 12 in file /Users/nki001/OneDrive/MyDocuments/Context/NGAForIreland/test.tex: Undefined control sequence

<line 4.12> organisation in \infull
    {Ch}

 2
 3     \setupsynonyms[test][criterium=all]
 4
 5      \test{ITU}{International Telecommunication Union}
 6      \test{MID}{Maritime Identification Digit}
 7      \test{Ch}{Switzerland}
 8
 9     \starttext
10
11     The \ITU\ is an
12 >>  organisation in \infull{Ch}
13

Thoughts?

Nigel King

* Re: \infull not working
@ 2020-11-18 14:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-11-18 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/18/2020 1:35 PM, Nigel King wrote:
> Dear Group,
> Thanks for your excellent work.
>
> I have just got a new computer and installed Context as I normally do. Unfortunately there appears to be a bug, unless I have done something wrong. \infull appears not to be working. I have used the following test file which is from the wiki but split the line with \infull{Ch} in two to be certain.
>
> \definesynonyms[test][tests][\infull]
>
> \setupsynonyms[test][criterium=all]
>
>   \test{ITU}{International Telecommunication Union}
>   \test{MID}{Maritime Identification Digit}
>   \test{Ch}{Switzerland}
>
> \starttext
>
> The \ITU\ is an
> organisation in \infull{Ch}
>
> \subject{Short is nice}
>   \placelistoftests
>
> \stoptext
>
> The log message has this in it.
>
> tex error       > tex error on line 12 in file /Users/nki001/OneDrive/MyDocuments/Context/NGAForIreland/test.tex: Undefined control sequence

fixed in next upload ... but ... on my machine, where I run with

   \overloadmode\plusfour % error, \plusthree is warning only

i then will get:

csname overload > fatal error, protection level 4, control sequence
'infull', properties 'frozen instance protected', file './oeps.tex', line 4

because \infull is already used by the predefine abbreviations instance

no problem if you don't use that feature

Hans

* Re: \infull not working
@ 2020-11-18 15:12   ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2020-11-18 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen; +Cc: Context News Group

Thanks Hans for your very prompt reply.

I placed
\overloadmode\plusfour
at the beginning of the file

The example now compiles.

However the command \infull{Ch} now results in CH in small capitals.

Is there something I have misunderstood?

Thanks

Nigel

On 18 Nov 2020, at 14:19, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On 11/18/2020 1:35 PM, Nigel King wrote:
> Dear Group,
> Thanks for your excellent work.
> I have just got a new computer and installed Context as I normally do. Unfortunately there appears to be a bug, unless I have done something wrong. \infull appears not to be working. I have used the following test file which is from the wiki but split the line with \infull{Ch} in two to be certain.
> \definesynonyms[test][tests][\infull]
> \setupsynonyms[test][criterium=all]
>  \test{ITU}{International Telecommunication Union}
>  \test{MID}{Maritime Identification Digit}
>  \test{Ch}{Switzerland}
> \starttext
> The \ITU\ is an
> organisation in \infull{Ch}
> \subject{Short is nice}
>  \placelistoftests
> \stoptext
> The log message has this in it.
> tex error       > tex error on line 12 in file /Users/nki001/OneDrive/MyDocuments/Context/NGAForIreland/test.tex: Undefined control sequence

fixed in next upload ... but ... on my machine, where I run with

 \overloadmode\plusfour % error, \plusthree is warning only

i then will get:

csname overload > fatal error, protection level 4, control sequence 'infull', properties 'frozen instance protected', file './oeps.tex', line 4

because \infull is already used by the predefine abbreviations instance

no problem if you don't use that feature

Hans

                                         Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
      tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl <http://www.pragma-ade.nl/> | www.pragma-pod.nl <http://www.pragma-pod.nl/>

* Re: \infull not working
@ 2020-11-18 15:49     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-11-18 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nigel King; +Cc: Context News Group

On 11/18/2020 4:12 PM, Nigel King wrote:

> However the command \infull{Ch} now results in CH in small capitals.
\infull is already bound to abbreviations so it will take that ones
settings

(your version doesn't yet define it anew which is fixed in a next upload)

Hans