* body text and footnote space
@ 2021-10-12  1:09 jbf via ntg-context
From: jbf via ntg-context @ 2021-10-12  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I note previous discussions on the matter of body text invading footnote
space (as late as last year). As I am currently typesetting a 400 plus
page academic text with hundreds of footnotes, and do not have the
option of making them endnotes, I am facing this issue page after page.
The only solution I have for now is to make per page layout adjustments
to reduce a line or two, so there is a way to handle it, but given
ConTeXt's 'perfection' generally, I would be very interested to know if
there is any other solution forthcoming. I've tried various options in
\setupfootnotes and \setuptolerance', but to no avail.

Julian

* Re: body text and footnote space
@ 2021-10-12 11:25 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-10-12 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/12/2021 3:09 AM, jbf via ntg-context wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I note previous discussions on the matter of body text invading footnote
> space (as late as last year). As I am currently typesetting a 400 plus
> page academic text with hundreds of footnotes, and do not have the
> option of making them endnotes, I am facing this issue page after page.
> The only solution I have for now is to make per page layout adjustments
> to reduce a line or two, so there is a way to handle it, but given
> ConTeXt's 'perfection' generally, I would be very interested to know if
> there is any other solution forthcoming. I've tried various options in
> \setupfootnotes and \setuptolerance', but to no avail.
Is this still the case in the latest version?

Hans

* Re: body text and footnote space
@ 2021-10-12 13:42   ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-10-12 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 12.10.2021 um 13:25 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>:
>
> On 10/12/2021 3:09 AM, jbf via ntg-context wrote:
>> Dear list,
>> I note previous discussions on the matter of body text invading footnote space (as late as last year). As I am currently typesetting a 400 plus page academic text with hundreds of footnotes, and do not have the option of making them endnotes, I am facing this issue page after page. The only solution I have for now is to make per page layout adjustments to reduce a line or two, so there is a way to handle it, but given ConTeXt's 'perfection' generally, I would be very interested to know if there is any other solution forthcoming. I've tried various options in \setupfootnotes and \setuptolerance', but to no avail.
> Is this still the case in the latest version?

In my projects it looks good with the latest LMTX.

Hraban

* Re: body text and footnote space
@ 2021-10-12 21:30   ` jbf via ntg-context
From: jbf via ntg-context @ 2021-10-12 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah, I see the latest is 10 Oct. Mine is 17 September, so I'll upgrade
and see the difference, hopefully.

Thanks

Julian