* [NTG-context] OT: interview with John Warnock
@ 2024-02-06 13:04 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-02-06 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I came across this interview with John Warnock (founder of Adobe and
developer of PostScript):

https://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/access/text/2023/08/102738759-05-01-acc.pdf

Maybe you already know it. And there’s probably a video version.
While the first half about his personal history might not be that
interesting, “how computer graphics came to be” surely is (a simulator
for ship pilots played an important role).
And there’s a side blow to Don Knuth that his approach to fonts was
wrong. ;)

HR

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: OT: interview with John Warnock
@ 2024-02-09 19:15 ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-02-09 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 2/6/24 14:04, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Hi, I came across this interview with John Warnock (founder of Adobe and
> developer of PostScript):
>
> https://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/access/text/2023/08/102738759-05-01-acc.pdf

Many thanks for the reference, Hraban.

This is the first part of the interview, which has a second part in:

https://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/access/text/2023/08/102738854-05-01-acc.pdf

Videos for both (almost five hours in total) are available at

    https://invidio.us/fB6UvJLKkWI
    https://invidio.us/mNhzjz3PhK4&

Many thanks again,

Pablo

@ 2024-02-09 20:09   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-02-09 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context

Am 09.02.24 um 20:15 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context:
> On 2/6/24 14:04, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> Hi, I came across this interview with John Warnock (founder of Adobe and
>> developer of PostScript):
>>
>> https://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/access/text/2023/08/102738759-05-01-acc.pdf
>
> Many thanks for the reference, Hraban.
>
> This is the first part of the interview, which has a second part in:
>
> https://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/access/text/2023/08/102738854-05-01-acc.pdf
>
> Videos for both (almost five hours in total) are available at
>
>      https://invidio.us/fB6UvJLKkWI
>      https://invidio.us/mNhzjz3PhK4&
>
> Many thanks again,

Thank you! I got the link to the first part on Mastodon and didn’t want
to read even longer, so I didn’t look for more… ;)

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl