* \setuplist ignores width=<dim> in combination with headnumber=no
@ 2014-05-23 11:08 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-05-23 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to remove header numbers for subsections, but keep
subsections properly aligned in the table of contents. However, the
width= parameter seems to be completely ignored in that case.

Here's a nearly-minimal example:

\setuplist[section][width=10mm,style=bold]
\setuplist[subsection][width=15mm,headnumber=no]
\setuplist[subsubsection][width=20mm,style=slanted,pagestyle=normal]

\starttext

\completecontent
\page[yes]

\section{First section}
\subsection{First subsection}
\subsubsection{First subsubsection}
\subsubsubsection{First subsubsubsection}
\section{Second section}
\subsection{Second subsection}
\subsubsection{Second subsubsection}
\subsubsubsection{Second subsubsubsection}
\stoptext

The example has been adapted from
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table_of_Contents. The image on the wiki
seems ok, but I get a different result if I try to run the same
example with the latest version of ConTeXt (mkiv).

Somewhat related: say that I wanted to setup
    \setuplist[<name>][width=10mm]
for all the sections and sub(subsub)sections. The documentation seems
to suggest that \placecontent[aligntitle=yes/no,width=10mm] should do
that (it's not clear to me whether that's yes or no that should do
it), but it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Mojca

* Re: \setuplist ignores width=<dim> in combination with headnumber=no
@ 2014-05-23 12:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-05-23 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.05.2014 um 13:08 schrieb Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to remove header numbers for subsections, but keep
> subsections properly aligned in the table of contents. However, the
> width= parameter seems to be completely ignored in that case.
>
> Here's a nearly-minimal example:
>
> \setuplist[section][width=10mm,style=bold]
> \setuplist[subsection][width=15mm,headnumber=no]

\setuplist[subsection][distance=20mm,headnumber=no]

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuplist ignores width=<dim> in combination with headnumber=no
@ 2014-05-23 16:20   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-05-23 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 23.05.2014 um 13:08 schrieb Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I would like to remove header numbers for subsections, but keep
>> subsections properly aligned in the table of contents. However, the
>> width= parameter seems to be completely ignored in that case.
>>
>> Here's a nearly-minimal example:
>>
>> \setuplist[section][width=10mm,style=bold]
>> \setuplist[subsection][width=15mm,headnumber=no]
>
> \setuplist[subsection][distance=20mm,headnumber=no]

Dear Wolfgang,

Perfect, thank you, it works.

Even though I still don't understand why width wouldn't give the
desired result. The keyword "distance=" seems to be the distance
between the right edge of section number and the left edge of section
title, while "width=" seems to be the distance between the left edge
of section number and section title. (If width>0, distance is just
added to width.)

I don't understand why no head number "nullifies" width.

Mojca