* Bibliography
@ 2022-02-22 21:36 Willi Egger via ntg-context
From: Willi Egger via ntg-context @ 2022-02-22 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a rather old project which involves a bibbliography of about 60 entries. — Now I tried to use the publications environment after reading the manual. — I must say environment this is impressive!

However I struggle with getting it working.

1. When using my dataset, which is encoded as a ‘bbl’ type file I get a list of publications but the entries are uncomplete. enclosed files: publist-test.tex, test-literaturliste.bbl, publist-test.pdf

2. When I use a buffer for testing, I do not get \cite reference nor a publication list: publist-buffer-test,tex

Can someone advise?

Kind regards

Willi

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 1002 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: test-literaturliste.bbl --]

% ConTeXt: Publications
%    filename: test-literaturliste.tex

\startpublication
   [k=Auer1968,
   t=article,
   a=Auer,
   y=1968,
   n=1]
   \artauthor[]{}[W]{}{Auer}
   \arttitle{Nachweis von Gallenfarbstoffen in Fleisch und Fett mittels Ictotest}
   \journal{Wien. tierärztl. Mschr.}
   \issue{55}
   \pages{657-662}
   \pubyear{1968}
 \stoppublication

\startpublication
   [k=Bader1958,
   t=book,
   a=Bader,
   y=1958,
   n=2]
   \author[]{}[A]{}{Grumbach}
   \author[]{}[W]{}{Kikuth}
   \title{Die Infektionskrankheiten des Menschen und ihre Erreger}
   \artauthor[]{}[R.E]{}{Bader}
   \arttitle{Die Salmonellosen}
   \volume{1}
   \pages{586}
   \pubyear{1958}
   \pubname{Verlag G. Thieme}
   \city{Stuttgart}
 \stoppublication

\startpublication
   [k=Kendereski1968,
   t=article,
   a=Kendereski,
   y=1968,
   n=24]
   \artauthor[]{}[S]{}{Kendereski}
   \arttitle{Über die biochemische Aktivität der Mikroorganismen in dem Prozess des Fleischabbaus}
   \pages{365-368}
   \pubyear{1968}
    \issue{68}
    \journal{Schlacht- und Viehhofzeitung}
\stoppublication

\startpublication
   [k=Wirth1973,
   t=article,
   a=Wirth,
   y=1973,
   n=60]
   \artauthor[]{}[F]{}{Wirth}
   \arttitle{Moderne Hitzesterilisation von Fleischwaren}
   \pubyear{1973}
   \journal{Schweiz. Archiv Tierhk.}
   \issue{115}
   \pages{310-320}
\stoppublication

[-- Attachment #1.2.3: Type: text/html, Size: 235 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.4: publist-buffer-test.tex --]

% Context file
% Filename: publist-buffer-test.tex

\mainlanguage[de]

\startbuffer[Test]
	\startpublication
	   [k=Kendereski1968,
	   t=article,
	   a=Kendereski,
	   y=1968,
	   n=24]
	   \artauthor[]{}[S]{}{Kendereski}
	   \arttitle{Über die biochemische Aktivität der Mikroorganismen in dem Prozess des Fleischabbaus}
	   \pages{365-368}
	   \pubyear{1968}
	   \issue{68}
	   \journal{Schlacht- und Viehhofzeitung}
	\stoppublication
\stopbuffer

\definebtxdataset[Test]

\definebtxrendering
	[Test]
	[apa]
	[dataset=Test,
	 sorttype=authoryear]

\usebtxdataset
	[Test]
	[Test.buffer]
	[specification=apa]

% \setupbtxdataset
% 	[Test]
% 	[language=de]

\setupbtx
	[dataset=Test,
	 alternative=authoryear]

% \setupbtxrendering
% 	[criterium=all,
% 	 numbering=yes]

\setupbtxlist
	[alternative=paragraph,
	 width=fit,
	 distance=.5em,
	 margin=3em]

\starttext
Über die biochemische Aktivität der Mikroorganismen in dem Prozess des Fleischabbaus \cite[authoryear][Kendereski1968].

\startsubject[title=Liste der Publikationen]

	\placelistofpublications
		[Test]
		[method=dataset]

\stopsubject
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #1.2.5: Type: text/html, Size: 235 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.6: publist-buffer-test.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.7: Type: text/html, Size: 235 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.8: publist-test.tex --]

% Context file
% Filename: publist-test.tex

\mainlanguage[de]

\definebtxdataset[Test]

\definebtxrendering
	[Test]
	[apa]
	[dataset=Test,
	 sorttype=authoryear]

\usebtxdataset
	[Test]
	[test-literaturliste.bbl]
[...]

[-- Attachment #1.2.9: Type: text/html, Size: 235 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.10: publist-test.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.11: Type: text/html, Size: 317 bytes --]

* Re: Bibliography
@ 2017-02-07 15:12   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-02-07 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 13:24:07 +0100
Jean-Pierre Delange <adeimantos@free.fr> wrote:

> But I don't understand why the word 'Author' is printed at the end of
> each line as the following minimal sample below shows it, e.g. :
> Aristote (n.d.). Les Politiques. Author. Cicéron (n.d.). Tusculanes,
> V, 8. Author.

According to the APA style manual, a book without a publisher is
self-published, and one is directed to use the word "Author".

To avoid this, you need to complete the dataset entry, or else choose
a category other than @book such as @unpublished.

Alan

* Bibliography
@ 2017-02-07 12:24 ` Jean-Pierre Delange
From: Jean-Pierre Delange @ 2017-02-07 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

Thanks to the list and to Hans and Alan's manual "mkiv-publications", I has achieved some footnotes with bibliographical dataset. All is fine and I success to manage what I want.

But I don't understand why the word 'Author' is printed at the end of each line as the following minimal sample below shows it, e.g. :
Aristote (n.d.). Les Politiques. Author.
Cicéron (n.d.). Tusculanes, V, 8. Author.
(see the sample's printed page 2)

Is there a question of language (english), or anything else ? How to avoid this 'Author' ? I use the APA style with \usebtxdefinitions, and maybe one can use some other style ?
Anyway, many thanks for your help !
JP

\startbuffer[biblio]

@book{Cicéron1,
author = {Cicéron},
title = {Tusculanes, V, 8},
}

@book{Aristote2,
author = {Aristote},
title = {Les Politiques},

 }

\stopbuffer

\usebtxdataset[philosophie ancienne][biblio.buffer]
\usebtxdefinitions[apa]
\definebtxrendering[philosophie ancienne][apa][dataset=philosophie ancienne]
\setupbtxrendering[continue =yes]
 \starttext

\startchapter[title={Introduction à la Philosophie}]

Dans les notes qui suivent, on s’intéressera à la pensée philosophique comme philosophie politique. Aristote, le philosophe grec qui publia et commenta les Constitutions des anciennes cités grecques, commence son ouvrage {\it les Politiques} par la thèse selon laquelle \quotation {l’homme est un animal politique}\footnote{\cite[alternative=entry][philosophie ancienne::Aristote2]}.
\blank
Cicéron, ce grand homme politique et cet écrivain savant, a eu la formule bien connue, selon laquelle \quotation{Socrate fit descendre la philosophie du ciel sur la terre.}\footnote{\cite[alternative=entry][philosophie ancienne::Cicéron1]}, qui désigne la question fondamentale de l’intérêt nourri par la philosophie pour les {\it choses humaines}.

\stopchapter

\starttext

\startbackmatter

  \startchapter[title={Bibliographie}]

        \startsection[title={Philosophie ancienne}]

        \placelistofpublications[philosophie ancienne][method=local]

        \stopsection

        \stopchapter

\stopbackmatter

\stoptext

* Bibliography
@ 2015-07-01  8:35 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2015-07-01  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

I have a bibliography database in Lua.
I suppose to use this DB to create a list of publications with Lua and \startpublication ... \stoppublication.
So I will get something like:

----
% Will be generated by Lua, but for now >>
\startpublication
   [k=me,
    t=article,
    a=LPr,
    y=2000,
    s=Shr,
    n=1,
   ]
   \city{Prg}
\stoppublication
% Will be generated by Lua, but for now <<

\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\starttext
   Hello \cite[me] -- \cite[Shr] -- \cite[1].

   \placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext
----

The problem is that \cite produces "(Xxxxxxxxxx, 0000)" and no list of publications is generated.

What am I doing wrong?

NB: I learned from
	http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv
	and
	http://www.let.rug.nl/alfa/texmf/tetex30/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf

My one-off is that I have not a .bib file and I would like to avoid .bib generation and use of BibTeX if possible.
I guess that having a biblio DB in Lua is handy enough as Lua can convert the DB in whatever format - eg. via

context.startpublication(...)
context.stoppublication()

So, how to "handle" the bibliography in a best manner?

Than you in advance,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz

Tel: +420 241 096 751
Fax: +420 244 461 038

[-- Attachment #2: Bib.test.mkiv --]

\startpublication
  [k=me,
   t=article,
   a=LPr,
   y=2000,
   s=Shr,
   n=1,
  ]
  \city{Prg}
\stoppublication

\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\starttext
  Hello \cite[me] -- \cite[Shr] -- \cite[1].

  \placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: Bib.test.pdf --]

* bibliography
@ 2010-11-29 18:30 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-11-29 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

There have been some posts with respect to bib modules. As Thomas is
coordinating these modules, I wait with fixing till I get a summary +
examples.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-11-29 10:05 ` tburnus
From: tburnus @ 2000-11-29 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo David,

> are there some predefined commandos/macros for a bibliography?
There is the m-bibl module, which supports the use of BibTeX, but
it is presently only available in English (command names -- which
shouldn't be a problem -- and labels ('and', 'volume' etc.) which
may be a problem (you can patch this file).

If I remember correctly, Taco said recently this module has a high
priority.

http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/m-bib.zip

Contains:
m-bib.tex, cont-ab.bst, cont-au.bst, cont-no.bst, cont-ti.bst,
bibl-apa.tex and m-bib.pdf.

(David: I put it at the TDS location in my local texmf tree and updated
context)

Tobias

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-11-29  9:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-29  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:11 PM 11/28/00 -0000, Christopher Tipper wrote:
>> are there some predefined commandos/macros for a bibliography?
>
>Taco's m-bib module may be downloaded from here
http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/m-bib.zip

>I'm not sure if there's any more user-friendly document than the source
documentation in the zip, but after much gnashing of teeth it is possible
to figure. :-)

well, it's on the agenda, but first taco will complete the module [he's
working on it now] and then i'll have a look [interface, interaction] and
then ...

>1 Create a mydoc.tex
>2 create a mydoc.bib according to the BiBTeX layout conventions
>3 For the simplest scenario, sort by author, you'll have to put something
like

>\bblreadfalse
>
>\setuppublications
>  [database=mydoc,
>   sort=author,
>   sorttype=bbl,
>   criterium=all]
>
>in the header of your Context source.
>
>There are other styles respectively defined in the style files:
>
>% - the author (+year, title)  : cont-au.bst
>% - the title  (+author, year) : cont-ti.bst
>% - the short key a la abbrev  : cont-ab.bst
>% - nothing at all (cite order): cont-no.bst
>
>4 run texexec for the first time
>5 run bibtex on mydoc.aux
>6 run texexec for the second time and voila!

finally this bibtex call will be done by texexec.

Hans

PS. I never needed something bib, but will eventualy look into it.
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-11-29  2:03   ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-11-29  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris wrote on Dienstag, 28. November 2000 20:11:
>> are there some predefined commandos/macros for a bibliography?
>
>Taco's m-bib module may be downloaded from here
> http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/m-bib.zip
>
>I'm not sure if there's any more user-friendly document than the source
> documentation in the zip, but after much gnashing of teeth it is possible
> to figure. :-)

What is it you don't like about the doku?

Just do a
  texexec --module --color m-bib
and you receive a good looking module documentation.  All you need
is in there mostly explained -- and what is not can be found in the source.

>1 Create a mydoc.tex
>2 create a mydoc.bib according to the BiBTeX layout conventions

No, make one or more databases with different names than your document.
And then use [..,database={name1,name2,db1},..] in your call to
setuppublications to choose the bibtex databases you want to use.

>3 For the simplest scenario, sort by author, you'll have to put something
> like
>
>\bblreadfalse

You don't need this one ...

And the simplest scenario is given in the manual and somewhat simpler than
the one Christopher presented.

\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications[database={bib1,bib2}]
\starttext
..........\cite[pub1] .........
.........\cite[author][pub3]...
...\cite[pub1,pub2,pub3].......
\completepublications
\stoptext

(sure you have to place m-bib.tex somewhere ConTeXt could find it and the
*.bst files in dir that is searched by bibtex)

>4 run texexec for the first time
>5 run bibtex on mydoc.aux
>6 run texexec for the second time and voila!

Yeah, it's that easy :-)

But with the original Modul there are some problems -- see my parallel
posting.

Hope this helps!
Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-11-28 19:11 ` Christopher Tipper
From: Christopher Tipper @ 2000-11-28 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco's m-bib module may be downloaded from here http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/m-bib.zip

[...]

Hope this helps,
Christopher

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-11-28 18:47 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2000-11-28 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 28 at 19:37 David Hansen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> are there some predefined commandos/macros for a bibliography?

Sorry guys, i just found the bib module. So I will first read a little
bit, before i ask my next question...

David

* bibliography
@ 2000-11-28 18:37 David Hansen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Hansen @ 2000-11-28 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

@ 2000-05-02 19:36 ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-05-02 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 14:20 02.05.00 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm trying to use the bib module, but I have some troubles with it.
>
>1) I'd like the word REFERENCE to be a chapter without number.
>I thought that the solution is
>     \setupbib...[beforelist=\chapter]
>but it does nothing. What's wrong?
>
>2) I'd like the word REFERENCE to translate to Czech (``Seznam
>literatury''
>or something like that). How to do it?

Try this
\starttext
\startbodymatter
your text
\stopbodymatter
\startbackmatter
\chapter{Seznam literatury}
\placepublications
\stopbackmatter
\stoptext

In the backmatter-environment all chapters are unnumbered and
placepublications puts the list of publications without a heading.
I don't have the problem described in 3). My bibliography seems to be in
the same font and size as the text.

Greetings
     Robert

>3) I'd like the list of bibitems to be in \tf (text font size), but it
>is smaller. How to
>change it?
>
>Many thanks for your advices.
>
>M.K.
>
>P.S. There is a beautiful weather in Brno. May you have it too.

In Hamburg we do have beautiful weather, too.

* Bibliography
@ 2000-05-02 12:20 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-05-02 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to use the bib module, but I have some troubles with it.

1) I'd like the word REFERENCE to be a chapter without number.
I thought that the solution is
    \setupbib...[beforelist=\chapter]
but it does nothing. What's wrong?

2) I'd like the word REFERENCE to translate to Czech (``Seznam
literatury''
or something like that). How to do it?

3) I'd like the list of bibitems to be in \tf (text font size), but it
is smaller. How to
change it?

Many thanks for your advices.

M.K.

P.S. There is a beautiful weather in Brno. May you have it too.

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-26 14:45       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-04-26 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: burnus, ntg-context

    Robert> After some searching and reading in the ConTeXt-docs I
    Robert> came to the point, where I downloaded cont-doc.zip,
    Robert> unpacked it and actually am asking myself how to use it.

texexec --module m-bib

(or any other context file, but be careful with core-01a...)

Greetings, Taco

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-26 14:20     ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-04-26 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> > I'm still interested in this - in bibtex++ and the ConTeXt compatible
> module.
> > So, if someone has some more info about this, I would be glad, if he shared
> > it with me.
>See http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/ The source is rather well
>documented; note: this module will probably soon included into the main
>distribution.

Thanks! That was the link I needed and the source seems to be more than
only "rather" well documented.

In reading it I found that many lines in m-bib.tex and in many other
ConTeXt-files begin with a %D and themeselves contain TeX-code. I guess
this is a documentation indicator and that there is a possibiliy to make
pdfs containing the documentation from this %D-statements.

After some searching and reading in the ConTeXt-docs I came to the point,
where I downloaded cont-doc.zip, unpacked it and actually am asking myself
how to use it.

Does someone have some hints for me?

Robert

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-23 20:40   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-04-23 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hallo Robert,

> >Taco has written a bibtex++ compatible module for context. I
> >don't have the pointer at hand [i'm working off site].

> Who's Taco and what's bibtex++?
Taco Hoekwater wrote the module m-bibtex for ConTeXt and BibTeX++
probably means BibTeX plus some extra LaTeX styles. (For some things,
the bibtex binary is still used with the ConTeXt module m-bibtex)

> I'm still interested in this - in bibtex++ and the ConTeXt compatible module.
> So, if someone has some more info about this, I would be glad, if he shared
> it with me.
See http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/ The source is rather well
documented; note: this module will probably soon included into the main
distribution.

> Happy Easter to all of you
Dito.

Tobias

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-23 12:36 ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-04-23 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Taco has written a bibtex++ compatible module for context. I
>don't have the pointer at hand [i'm working off site].
>
>Taco?
>
>Hans

Who's Taco and what's bibtex++?
I know of BibTeX, which is a bibliography-package for LaTeX. Is bibtex++ an
extension to BibTeX or something competitive to BibTeX.
Couldn't get my hands on this. A search for BibTeX at lycos gave me 52000
matches and no bibtex++ in the first 100.

@ 2000-04-21 15:42 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-04-21 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How do I make it, that references to publication look this
way:
>     In [3Amigos] you'll find more information about UML.
instead of this way:
>     In [4] you'll find more information about UML.

Since a good part of commands about publications as
startpublicatie have no
english counterpart and the english documentation does not give