* Fonts/Layouts in ConTeXt books
@ 2020-01-24 15:11 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2020-01-24 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I'm putting all my 'eggs' into ConTeXt basket and would like to learn it as
thoroughly as possible.

Considering that I always prefer physical books over starring at my computer
screen, I wonder if the books from the subject are still relevant for learning
about creating layouts and configuring additional (bought extra) fonts in
today's ConText?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person
develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust

* Re: Fonts/Layouts in ConTeXt books
@ 2020-01-24 15:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-01-24 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/24/2020 4:11 PM, Saša Janiška wrote:

> about creating layouts and configuring additional (bought extra) fonts in
> today's ConText?
There are plenty of free font but here are my commercial favourites:

- lucida         (very cheap via tug.org and a full set with math)
- optima nova    (quite expensive but a treat for the eye)
- palatino nova  (idem)

Hans

* Re: Fonts/Layouts in ConTeXt books
@ 2020-01-25 20:50   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2020-01-25 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:31:08 +0100
Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> There are plenty of free font but here are my commercial favourites:

> - lucida         (very cheap via tug.org and a full set with math)

I do not have need for the math, do you still recommend them?

>- optima nova    (quite expensive but a treat for the eye)
> - palatino nova  (idem)

Beautiful, indeed!

Btw, I was thinking whether Fonts in ConTeXt book is still relevant (from the
ToC I conclude it deals with MkIV) aand/or provides enough info so that in case
I buy some 3prd party fonts (I am considering something from
https://mbtype.com/) I'll be able to configure ConTeXt to use them?

Similar concern in regard to layouts and the other book...but, I believe that
both are very useful in any case and ordering them is a small appreciation for
the work done for ConTeXt.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Perform your prescribed duty, for doing so is better than not
working. One cannot even maintain one's physical body without work.

* Re: Fonts/Layouts in ConTeXt books
@ 2020-01-25 21:39     ` Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2020-01-25 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context