* Re: Problems with Standalone distribution
       [not found] <mailman.600.1144137409.2083.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-04-04 23:32 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-04-04 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 00:26:12 +0200
> From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] ntg-context Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1
>
> wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> >> texexec.ini is not found in 'context\config'
> >> I copyed it in 'scripts\context\perl'
> >> now it is found.
> >
> > Is this normal? Or is this a symptome of the problem I am looking
> > for?
> >
> it depends on what system you use; the settinsg default to
> tetex/fptex/gwtex so in that case no ini is needed

As I said, I work with the standalone distri?
And I thought, the binaries are from fptex, right?
And if both texexec.ini's are removed:

texexec complains:

  warning: texexec.ini not found, try 'texexec --verbose'

(the same with texexec --verbose)

> newtexexec.rb (which will replace texexec.pl) has no ini file but
> uses
> some heuristics to determine what environment it runs in
> >

> >> 'texexec --verbose' tries to compile all the files in the aktuel
> >> path.
> >>
> >> but
> >>
> >> 'texmfstart texexec.pl --verbose' works ok.
> >>
> >> same with
> >>
> >> 'texexec --make --all' doesn't work
> >>
> >> but
> >>
> >> 'texmfstart texexec.pl --make --all' works!
> >>
> good

upps?

texexec (without parameters)

compiles cscite.bat! Why?

> on windows: you need to associate the pl suffix to perl
> on linux you need to make  texexec into a script (suffixless)
>
> on both you can best use texmfstart to launch the scripts since
> that's
> upward compatible (and in some respects this call is more clever);
> if
> needef you can create stubs with texmfstart (see manual)

This works!

But next Problem:

pdfetex can not find pk-fonts.

I have written:

PKFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/pk//

in 'texmf.cnf'

font-file lies in

texmf-project/fonts/pk/ricoh/local/msl/msl50.pk

what else can I do?

Wolfgang

* Re: Problems with Standalone distribution
@ 2006-04-05  8:51   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-05  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
> As I said, I work with the standalone distri?

the minimal or the complete windows version (including scite etc)
> And I thought, the binaries are from fptex, right?

sure
> And if both texexec.ini's are removed:
>
> texexec complains:
>
>   warning: texexec.ini not found, try 'texexec --verbose'
>
> (the same with texexec --verbose)

but that should normally be no problem

>> newtexexec.rb (which will replace texexec.pl) has no ini file but
>> uses
>> some heuristics to determine what environment it runs in

>> good
>>

> upps?
>
> texexec (without parameters)
>
> compiles cscite.bat! Why?

strange indeed

can you run "texmfstart texexec" and see what happens then

>> on windows: you need to associate the pl suffix to perl
>> on linux you need to make  texexec into a script (suffixless)
>>
>> on both you can best use texmfstart to launch the scripts since
>> that's
>> upward compatible (and in some respects this call is more clever);
>> if
>> needef you can create stubs with texmfstart (see manual)
>>

> This works!
>
> But next Problem:
>
> pdfetex can not find pk-fonts.
>
> I have written:
>
> PKFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/pk//
>
> in 'texmf.cnf'
>
> font-file lies in
>
> texmf-project/fonts/pk/ricoh/local/msl/msl50.pk
>
> what else can I do?

ok, that's another problem (once solved you know a bit about tex and fonts) ... it looks like there is a problem with locating fonts ... what
font is that: msl50 ?

(the minimal distribution does not have such a font)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found] <mailman.571.1143822023.2083.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2006-03-31 22:06 ` wwl
From: wwl @ 2006-03-31 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:00:41 +0200
> From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Problems with Standalone distribution

> >> hm, not on my machine; you can try:
> >>
> >> @echo off
> >> usr\local\context\cscite.bat
> >>

> > The same problems with cscite.bat.
> > As I said, I can change these two batch-files. But I am not shure if
> > my problems derive from this.
> >
> well, test it -)

ok! I have modified the batch-files.

Next Problems:

texexec.ini is not found in 'context\config'
I copyed it in 'scripts\context\perl'
now it is found.

'texexec --verbose' tries to compile all the files in the aktuel
path.

but

'texmfstart texexec.pl --verbose' works ok.

same with

'texexec --make --all' doesn't work

but

'texmfstart texexec.pl --make --all' works!

formatfiles will generatet under '.\pdfetex' relativ to the aktual
path.

Wolfgang

* Re: Problems with Standalone distribution
@ 2006-03-31 14:00   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-31 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

wwl@musensturm.de wrote:
>>> First Problem (may be the mother of all the others):
>>>
>>> The Batch-Files 'cdemo.bat' and 'cscite.bat' are using for example
>>> "%~s1" for the first placeholder on the commandline.
>>>
>>> My Windowssystem (ME) doesn't understand this.
>>>
>>> Are there other Batch-Files that work on older commandoprozessors to
>>> download?
>>>

>> hm, not on my machine; you can try:
>>
>> @echo off
>> usr\local\context\cscite.bat
>>

> The same problems with cscite.bat.
> As I said, I can change these two batch-files. But I am not shure if
> my problems derive from this.

well, test it -)

>> (i dunno if there's a way to test if we run me)
>>

>>> A second question:
>>>
>>> There exists an directory 'usr\local\context\tex\texmf\texmf' which
>>> contains fontinformation to one single fontfamily 'cb'.
>>>
>>> Is this ok: 'texmf' under 'texmf'? And why ist this there?
>>>

>> thats a bug (i thought that i had solved it -)
>>

> Should I move this subtree one level higher or delete it?

one higher

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found] <mailman.569.1143811078.2083.ntg-context@ntg.nl>