* ConTeXt analogue to \usepackage{units}
@ 2006-04-06 18:20 Johannes Graumann
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-04-06 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is there a ConTeXt analogue to the LaTeX package 'units', used for
typesetting scientific units? I'm especially interested in the 'unitfrac'
functionality of that package ...

Thanks, Joh

* Re: ConTeXt analogue to \usepackage{units}
@ 2006-04-06 18:30 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-04-06 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Johannes,

I have never used the LaTeX package 'units' but see
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Units

Cheers,

Renaud

@ 2006-04-06 19:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-06 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a ConTeXt analogue to the LaTeX package 'units', used for
> typesetting scientific units? I'm especially interested in the 'unitfrac'
> functionality of that package ...

i have no clue what the latex units do, but context has indeed a module that deals with units, actuallt this is one of the first add-on modules (i.e. not in the kernel, but extra functionality)

\usemodule[units]

which provides things like:

bla bla 10 \Cubic \Meter \Per \Second\ bla bla

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-04-06 19:33 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-04-06 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a ConTeXt analogue to the LaTeX package 'units', used for
> typesetting scientific units? I'm especially interested in the 'unitfrac'
> functionality of that package ...

There is module called 'units' but if it does what that LaTeX
package does is beyond my knowledge.

See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Units

Cheers, Taco