* substitute glyphs from another font
@ 2010-12-05 14:49 Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2010-12-05 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi again,

the font I want to use keeps, despite its being otf, small caps
and text figures in a separate file, not as features. I’m fine
with the caps but I really need text figures as default and a
switch to lining figures for the occasional table. Is there a way
for typeface A to globally substitute the glyphs for R"09" with
their aequivalents from typeface B?

(I tried making numbers active but this messes things up royally.
Modifying the font is not an option either. Also, some threads[*]
on the ml seem to indicate that this is possible but
predominantly done with math fonts.)

Any solution would be appreciated no matter how hackish it might
turn out. Thanks in advance

Philipp

[*] E.g.
    http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20100825.073722.961ad8df.en.html
    http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20090930.193712.bf6a4e0c.en.html
    http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20101028.185641.136ab929.en.html

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: substitute glyphs from another font
@ 2010-12-06 11:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-12-06 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-12-2010 3:49, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Hi again,
>

> the font I want to use keeps, despite its being otf, small caps
> and text figures in a separate file, not as features. I’m fine
> with the caps but I really need text figures as default and a
> switch to lining figures for the occasional table. Is there a way
> for typeface A to globally substitute the glyphs for R"09" with
> their aequivalents from typeface B?

just use the fontfallback mechanism

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE