* Re: LuaLaTeX + fontspec: cannot compare documents with Acrobat
@ 2012-06-08 16:17 Jörg Weber
From: Jörg Weber @ 2012-06-08 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans' MWE is not comparable, but Aditya's example (with \setupbodyfont[palatino]) compares just fine!

From: Jörg Weber @ 2012-06-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some further testing showed that the simple document with palatino compares fine, but with dejavu it is not comparable. With XeLaTeX, setting palatino as the main font, still does not work.

@ 2012-06-08 16:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-08 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8-6-2012 18:17, Jörg Weber wrote:
> Hans' MWE is not comparable, but Aditya's example (with \setupbodyfont[palatino]) compares just fine!

The page streams look trivial so that cannot be the issue ...

BT
/F1 11.955168 Tf 1 0 0 1 10.3611 10.5304 Tm [<00440044>]TJ
ET

BT
/F1 11.955168 Tf 1 0 0 1 10.3611 10.5304 Tm [<0044>]TJ
ET

... given that aditya's example work it might be a font issue.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-06-08 18:26   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-06-08 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012, Jörg Weber wrote:

> Some further testing showed that the simple document with palatino
> compares fine, but with dejavu it is not comparable. With XeLaTeX,
> setting palatino as the main font, still does not work.

ConTeXt uses TeX Gyre Pagella rather than true Palatino. That might be a
source of difference.

Aditya

* Re: LuaLaTeX + fontspec: cannot compare documents with Acrobat
@ 2012-06-09 11:24     ` Jörg Weber
From: Jörg Weber @ 2012-06-09 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use the identical font (TeX Gyre Pagella) when compiling with LuaLaTeX.

I don't see how it can be a font issue:
- TeX Gyre Pagella: works with ConTeXt, works with XeLaTeX, does not work with LuaLaTeX
- Dejavu Sans (and any other font I tried): Works with XeLaTeX but not with ConTeXt or LuaLaTeX.

@ 2012-06-08 15:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-08 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-06-08 15:38 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-06-08 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012, Jörg Weber wrote:

> I use the option "compare documents" in Adobe Acrobat Pro a lot to highlight changes between revisions. What I just noticed is, if I compile a simple document such as the one below with LuaLaTeX + fontspec, Acrobat is unable to perform the comparison, giving a unspecific error message ("cannot compare document..."). Compiling the same document without fontspec allows the comparison, as does XeLaTeX + fontspec.
>

> I tried with TeX Live 2012 and the current MikTeX, without success.
> Ulrike Fischer suggested \usepackage{luaotfload} \font\test=Arial
> \pagestyle{empty} and \test after \begin{document} instead of fontspec,
> but the error remains. Does anyone know what is going on and of a
> possible fix?

Do you know what happens if you try with a simple ConTeXt document with
opentype fonts?

\setupbodyfont[palatino]
\starttext
Hello world
\stoptext

Compile with "context filename"

Aditya

* LuaLaTeX + fontspec: cannot compare documents with Acrobat
@ 2012-06-08 15:26 Jörg Weber
From: Jörg Weber @ 2012-06-08 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context