* Is it possible to generate eps files using metafun and context?
@ 2012-06-14 17:07 Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2012-06-14 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ntg-context

Hi,

Is it possible to typeset the label with context and generate eps output
files using the metafun format? If yes, then how?

TIA.

* Re: Is it possible to generate eps files using metafun and context?
@ 2012-06-18  8:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-18  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14-6-2012 19:07, Hongwen Qiu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to typeset the label with context and generate eps output
> files using the metafun format? If yes, then how?

\startMPpage
\stopMPpage

or

\startTEXpage
\stopTEXpage

and then use pstopdf to turn the pdf into an eps

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-06-19  3:21   ` Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2012-06-19  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/18/2012 04:19 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> and then use pstopdf to turn the pdf into an eps
You must mean pdftops, since pstopdf cannot convert pdf files into eps
but pdftops can.

I tried pdftops, the result quality is high, but since my desire is to
provide eps figures to others that have to insert high quality figures
into Microsoft Word, the pdftops converted eps files cannot insert into
Microsoft Word. Fortunately, I have found out that pstopdf uses
ghostscript/Inkscape to do the real job, and I use ghostscript directly
to convert pdf into eps, the quality is high enough with the -dNOCACHE
option (I had tried inkscape before my last posting a few weeks ago, and
the resulting quality is not high enough when I'm using Fedora 16. But
it seems that inkscape in Fedora 17 produces better quality now, though
ghostscript is better), and it can be recognized by Microsoft Word.

Thanks for the information.