* how to change footnote body number
@ 2012-06-21 19:00 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-06-21 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

Hi there,

I'm trying to change the format of the footnote numbers in the body (not
in the lower area for footnotes) and I don't know how to do this.

Here you have a sample:

\definefontfeature[oldnumb][onum=yes]
\setupnotation[footnote][numberstyle=\tf,numbercommand=\addfs{oldnumb}]
\starttext
Note\footnote{Not here, but above.}
\stoptext

Just in case you wonder, the OT feature is actually sups=yes, but that
feature only works with Sorts Mill Goudy
(http://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/sorts-mill-goudy).

How is the proper way to do this?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: how to change footnote body number
@ 2012-06-21 20:25 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-06-21 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-06-21 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de> wrote:

> I'm trying to change the format of the footnote numbers in the body (not
> in the lower area for footnotes) and I don't know how to do this.

\setupfootnotes [textcommand=\high]

There you can hook in your font feature command.

Marco

* Re: how to change footnote body number
@ 2012-06-21 20:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-06-21 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.06.2012 um 21:00 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to change the format of the footnote numbers in the body (not
> in the lower area for footnotes) and I don't know how to do this.
>
> Here you have a sample:
>
> \definefontfeature[oldnumb][onum=yes]
> \setupnotation[footnote][numberstyle=\tf,numbercommand=\addfs{oldnumb}]
> \starttext
> Note\footnote{Not here, but above.}
> \stoptext
>
> Just in case you wonder, the OT feature is actually sups=yes, but that
> feature only works with Sorts Mill Goudy
> (http://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/sorts-mill-goudy).
>
> How is the proper way to do this?

For oldstyle numerals you can use the “oldstyle” feature:

\setupnote[footnote][textstyle=\setff{oldstyle}]

\starttext
Note\footnote{Not here, but above.}
\stoptext

To use the superscript feature you have define first a fontfeature with “sups=yes” which can now be applied to textstyle, it’s also important to disable the \high command which is used to raise the footnote number.

\setupbodyfont[calluna] % replace this with your own font which has the “sups” feature

\definefontfeature[sups][sups=yes]

\setupnote[footnote][textstyle=\setff{sups},textcommand=]

\starttext
Note\footnote{Not here, but above.}
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: how to change footnote body number
@ 2012-06-22 15:09   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-06-22 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21/06/12 22:46, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 21.06.2012 um 21:00 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm trying to change the format of the footnote numbers in the body (not
>> in the lower area for footnotes) and I don't know how to do this.
>>[...]
>
> \setupbodyfont[calluna] % replace this with your own font which has the “sups” feature
>
> \definefontfeature[sups][sups=yes]
>
> \setupnote[footnote][textstyle=\setff{sups},textcommand=]
>
> \starttext
> Note\footnote{Not here, but above.}
> \stoptext

Many thanks for your replies, Marco and Wolfgang.

Wolfgang, what is the difference between \addfs{} and \setff{}?

Many thanks again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk