* Fuzzy paragraph when exporting to XML
@ 2022-04-29 14:59 Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
From: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context @ 2022-04-29 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to debug a bug-report for t-vim: https://github.com/adityam/filter/issues/64 Exporting with trackers=export* gives a warning:

    backend         > export > fuzzy paragraph:

I have managed to narrow it down to the attached MWE (which does not depend on the t-vim module at all). Compiling it using

    $context --trackers=export\* lines

gives the fuzzy paragraph warning. Any hints on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Aditya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/x-tex, Size: 614 bytes --]

* Re: Fuzzy paragraph when exporting to XML
@ 2022-04-30  7:54 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-04-30  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 4/29/2022 4:59 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to debug a bug-report for t-vim: https://github.com/adityam/filter/issues/64 Exporting with trackers=export* gives a warning:
>
>      backend         > export > fuzzy paragraph:
>
> I have managed to narrow it down to the attached MWE (which does not depend on the t-vim module at all). Compiling it using
>
>      $context --trackers=export\* lines
>
> gives the fuzzy paragraph warning. Any hints on how to resolve this?
As you like challenges ... you can way more narrow it down ...

\setupbackend[export=yes]

\starttext
{
     \forgetall
   % \forgeteverypar
     x\strut\par
}
\stoptext

the problem is that you basically loose *all* par related tagging now so
you need to bring that back, which is (of course i had to look it up) is
done with for instance \forgeteverypar which forgets (as in \forgetall)
but not really all

Hans

* Re: Fuzzy paragraph when exporting to XML
@ 2022-04-30 22:17   ` Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
From: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context @ 2022-04-30 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen via ntg-context; +Cc: Aditya Mahajan

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:

> On 4/29/2022 4:59 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to debug a bug-report for t-vim:
> https://github.com/adityam/filter/issues/64 Exporting with trackers=export*
> gives a warning:
> >
> >      backend         > export > fuzzy paragraph:
> >
> > I have managed to narrow it down to the attached MWE (which does not depend
> on the t-vim module at all). Compiling it using
> >
> >      $context --trackers=export\* lines
> >
> > gives the fuzzy paragraph warning. Any hints on how to resolve this?
> As you like challenges ... you can way more narrow it down ...
>
> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>
> \starttext
> {
>      \forgetall
>    % \forgeteverypar
>      x\strut\par
> }
> \stoptext
>
> the problem is that you basically loose *all* par related tagging now so
> you need to bring that back, which is (of course i had to look it up) is
> done with for instance \forgeteverypar which forgets (as in \forgetall)
> but not really all

Thanks!

I manually tag start and end of lines anyways (using \SYNBOL ... \SYNEOL), so I can add \dotagsetparcounter in \SYNBOL and that removes the warning!

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: Fuzzy paragraph when exporting to XML
@ 2022-05-01  9:01     ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-05-01  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 5/1/2022 12:17 AM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2022, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
>
>> On 4/29/2022 4:59 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to debug a bug-report for t-vim:
>> https://github.com/adityam/filter/issues/64 Exporting with trackers=export*
>> gives a warning:
>>>
>>>       backend         > export > fuzzy paragraph:
>>>
>>> I have managed to narrow it down to the attached MWE (which does not depend
>> on the t-vim module at all). Compiling it using
>>>
>>>       $context --trackers=export\* lines
>>>
>>> gives the fuzzy paragraph warning. Any hints on how to resolve this?
>> As you like challenges ... you can way more narrow it down ...
>>
>> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>>
>> \starttext
>> {
>>       \forgetall
>>     % \forgeteverypar
>>       x\strut\par
>> }
>> \stoptext
>>
>> the problem is that you basically loose *all* par related tagging now so
>> you need to bring that back, which is (of course i had to look it up) is
>> done with for instance \forgeteverypar which forgets (as in \forgetall)
>> but not really all
>
> Thanks!
>
> I manually tag start and end of lines anyways (using \SYNBOL ... \SYNEOL), so I can add \dotagsetparcounter in \SYNBOL and that removes the warning!
dangerous ... what if you get

every line cna be a par or the while can have the same par number ...

<line>
<line>
<line>
<line>

these par numbers are used to determine what text belongs to a
meanignful something

Hans