* luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-04 18:02 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-03-04 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. This will be the last one useable with pre-0.75
luatex so if you depend on it, best make a snapshot now.

Some 50 files will be replaced in 0.75 and I'm not sure when Mojca will
do the 0.75 garden update.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-04 18:52 ` Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2013-03-04 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the normal way to download LuaTeX beta binaries?  I run on Windows.

(I had tried 'first-setup.bat --context=beta', but I still end up with
luatex beta-0.70.2-2013021710.)

I uploaded a beta. This will be the last one useable with pre-0.75 luatex so
if you depend on it, best make a snapshot now.

Some 50 files will be replaced in 0.75 and I'm not sure when Mojca will do
the 0.75 garden update.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-04 19:09 ` Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2013-03-04 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the normal way to download LuaTeX beta binaries?  I run on Windows.

(I had tried 'first-setup.bat --context=beta', but I still end up with
luatex beta-0.70.2-2013021710.)

I uploaded a beta. This will be the last one useable with pre-0.75 luatex so
if you depend on it, best make a snapshot now.

Some 50 files will be replaced in 0.75 and I'm not sure when Mojca will do
the 0.75 garden update.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-04 21:30 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2013-03-04 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a beta. This will be the last one useable with pre-0.75 luatex so
> if you depend on it, best make a snapshot now.
>
> Some 50 files will be replaced in 0.75 and I'm not sure when Mojca will do
> the 0.75 garden update.

Nearly all (= as good as all) binaries on the garden are at 0.75
already. For TLContrib I'm waiting on Taco's answer (whether or not to
update MetaPost as well, whether the old ConTeXt still works with
0.75, updating the base package etc).

Mojca

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-04 21:32   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2013-03-04 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Colin Fraizer wrote:
> What is the normal way to download LuaTeX beta binaries?  I run on Windows.
>
> (I had tried 'first-setup.bat --context=beta', but I still end up with
> luatex beta-0.70.2-2013021710.)

When you fetch the distribution you get two binaries - one for running
mtx-update.lua and the other one that's actually used when typesetting
documents.

If you are still getting beta-0.70.2 that's either the one in "bin"
that's only responsible for running rsync or something must be
wrong/broken.

Mojca

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-04 21:57     ` Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2013-03-04 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I only have one luatex.exe that came from the context install:
It is context/tex/texmf-mswin/bin/luatex.exe

Where would the second one normally be?

@ 2013-03-04 22:24   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-03-04 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/4/2013 10:30 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I uploaded a beta. This will be the last one useable with pre-0.75 luatex so
>> if you depend on it, best make a snapshot now.
>>
>> Some 50 files will be replaced in 0.75 and I'm not sure when Mojca will do
>> the 0.75 garden update.
>
> Nearly all (= as good as all) binaries on the garden are at 0.75
> already. For TLContrib I'm waiting on Taco's answer (whether or not to
> update MetaPost as well, whether the old ConTeXt still works with
> 0.75, updating the base package etc).

older context (say 0.72) will work with 0.75

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-04 22:34       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-03-04 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/4/2013 10:57 PM, Colin Fraizer wrote:
> I only have one luatex.exe that came from the context install:
> It is context/tex/texmf-mswin/bin/luatex.exe
>
> Where would the second one normally be?

first-setup currently fetches a 0.70 indeed

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-05  4:52         ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2013-03-05  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 mars 2013, at 23:34, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> […]
> first-setup currently fetches a 0.70 indeed

Not here: I just updated with first-setup.sh on my Mac and got:
	This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.75.0-2013030308 (TeX Live 2013/dev)(rev 4589)
an ConTeXt version is
	current version: 2013.03.04 18:28

Best regards: OK

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-05  8:30   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-03-05  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/4/2013 7:52 PM, Colin Fraizer wrote:
> What is the normal way to download LuaTeX beta binaries?  I run on Windows.
>
> (I had tried 'first-setup.bat --context=beta', but I still end up with
> luatex beta-0.70.2-2013021710.)

there is probably something wrong on the garden

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-05 14:21     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2013-03-05 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/4/2013 7:52 PM, Colin Fraizer wrote:
>>
>> What is the normal way to download LuaTeX beta binaries?  I run on
>> Windows.
>>
>> (I had tried 'first-setup.bat --context=beta', but I still end up with
>> luatex beta-0.70.2-2013021710.)
>
> there is probably something wrong on the garden

I realized that luatex-w32 on w32tex was last updated in mid-February,
so I switched to luatex-dev-w32.

From reading the ChangeLog alone I wasn't able to figure out which
version of LuaTeX is used in luatex-w32. Do you still have problems
with windows binaries now?

Mojca

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-05 15:39       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-03-05 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/5/2013 3:21 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>  From reading the ChangeLog alone I wasn't able to figure out which
> version of LuaTeX is used in luatex-w32. Do you still have problems
> with windows binaries now?

it looks ok now, thanks

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatex 0.75
@ 2013-03-05 15:40       ` Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2013-03-05 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I realized that luatex-w32 on w32tex was last updated in mid-February, so I
switched to luatex-dev-w32.

>From reading the ChangeLog alone I wasn't able to figure out which version
of LuaTeX is used in luatex-w32.
>Do you still have problems with windows binaries now?

Now I get:

    % luatex --version
    This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.75.0-2013030309  (TeX Live
2012/W32TeX)(rev 4591)

Sweet!

(Also, it works, which is also sweet. :-)