* Halt ConTeXt on Certain Warnings/Errors
@ 2013-06-17 12:05 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2013-06-17 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Is there are way I can have ConTeXt halt on particular warnings or errors? In particular, I like it to spit the dummy when it finds an unknown reference. Otherwise, I end up with the unknown references in the document that I sometimes don't find until much later.

At the moment I grep for "reference" when I run context, as in

  context *.tex | grep reference

...but I thought there might be some more elegant way to do this.

Thank you,
Malte.

--
“The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder... Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe.”

― Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

* Re: Halt ConTeXt on Certain Warnings/Errors
@ 2013-06-17 21:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-06-17 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/17/2013 2:05 PM, Malte Stien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there are way I can have ConTeXt halt on particular warnings or errors? In particular, I like it to spit the dummy when it finds an unknown reference. Otherwise, I end up with the unknown references in the document that I sometimes don't find until much later.
>
> At the moment I grep for "reference" when I run context, as in
>
>    context *.tex | grep reference
>
> ...but I thought there might be some more elegant way to do this.

That's not built in. Keep in mind that often multiple passes are used to
resolve references so it would be rather fuzzy too.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE