* Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18  8:56 Jörg Hagmann
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2013-06-18  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following lines:

16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
         Religious organisation

It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...

Cheers, Jörg

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18  8:58 ` Alan BRASLAU
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-06-18  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:56:15 +0200
Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch> wrote:

> It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...

A link to the bible:
http://pmrb.free.fr/contextref.pdf

:)

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18  8:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-06-18  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/18/2013 10:56 AM, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following lines:
>
> 16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
>           Religious organisation
>
> It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...

so .. did someone hack your card?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18  9:01 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2013-06-18  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch>wrote:

> I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following lines:
>
> 16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
>          Religious organisation
>
> It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...
>
> The official informations are on
http://group.contextgarden.net/contact.shtml
I 've never seen "Religious organisation"
--
luigi

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18  9:06   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-06-18  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/18/2013 11:01 AM, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch
> <mailto:joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch>> wrote:
>
>     I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following
>     lines:
>
>     16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
>               Religious organisation
>
>     It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...
>
> The official informations are on
> http://group.contextgarden.net/contact.shtml
> I 've never seen "Religious organisation"

well, google for 'context conference' and one can easily end up in a
quite different spot than brejlov (also much more expensive) and credit
cards payments would show it

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18  9:12     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2013-06-18  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 6/18/2013 11:01 AM, luigi scarso wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch
>> <mailto:joerg.hagmann@unibas.**ch <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch>>> wrote:
>>
>>     I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following
>>     lines:
>>
>>     16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
>>               Religious organisation
>>
>>     It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...
>>
>> The official informations are on
>> http://group.contextgarden.**net/contact.shtml<http://group.contextgarden.net/contact.shtml>
>> I 've never seen "Religious organisation"
>>

> well, google for 'context conference' and one can easily end up in a quite
> different spot than brejlov (also much more expensive) and credit cards
> payments would show it
>
> I meant "in payments related to ConTeXt (meetings , books, subscription
and so on)" .
Maybe paypal as some particular codes, I don't know.

Btw,  ConTeXt User Meeting 2013 is the second hit for me .

* Re: Context group and faith
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-06-18 10:14 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2013-06-18 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following lines:
>
> 16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
>          Religious organisation
>
> It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...

I thought you were joking at first, but I see now that that's actually
the date when you paid the membership fee.

I wouldn't be surprised if something was "lost in translation" (we are
using English interface for the "French" PayPal), but all the settings
remotely related to what could be displayed are the following:

Business type: Non Profit Organization
Category: Nonprofit
Subcategory: Educational

Anyway, I'm blessed that this is what PayPal displays ;) ;) ;)

Mojca

PS: Answering Hans - no, he wasn't hacked. That's indeed the exact
date when he payed our memberiship fee. How on earth that ended up
being displayed as "Religious organisation", I have no clue. I mean
... if Arthur was the one opening the PayPal account, I could even
imagine he would be eager to set the type of the group to religious. I
faintly remember him talking about The Church of TeX, its leader
(DEK), the holly bible (The TeXbook) and other details.

PPS: but I see that Church of Tex has already been registered
somewhere in TeXas ...

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18 10:33     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-06-18 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:06:28 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> well, google for 'context conference' and one can easily end up in a
> quite different spot than brejlov (also much more expensive)

Brejlov comes in 5th place...
Maybe google orders by cost; indeed, they *certainly* weight by potential gain!

Alan

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18 14:53   ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2013-06-18 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec writes:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
>> I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following lines:
>>
>> 16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
>>          Religious organisation
>>
>> It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...
>
> I thought you were joking at first, but I see now that that's actually
> the date when you paid the membership fee.

Ah, now I understand some of the answers! I am surprised that so many
think a serious Swiss capable of making a joke.

Cheers, Jörg

* Re: Context group and faith
@ 2013-06-18 15:12     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-06-18 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/18/2013 4:53 PM, Jörg Hagmann wrote:

> Mojca Miklavec writes:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
>>> I got my monthly credit card statement which contains the following lines:
>>>
>>> 16.05.13 PAYPAL *CONTEXT ..... LUX
>>>           Religious organisation
>>>
>>> It's true, I believe in ConTEXt, but still...
>>
>> I thought you were joking at first, but I see now that that's actually
>> the date when you paid the membership fee.
>
> Ah, now I understand some of the answers! I am surprised that so many
> think a serious Swiss capable of making a joke.

Beware, before you know, Mojca will add you to to her Swiss Context Guard.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE