* simplefonts wiki page added
@ 2013-06-23 18:36 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-06-23 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have added a new simplefonts page for new users. (I hope it isn't full
of errors ;-).)

There may be some missing information, because I don't understand how
the standard font handling in ConTeXt works.

And I removed duplicated content from the font handling in LuaTeX
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/index.php?title=Fonts_in_LuaTeX&action=historysubmit&diff=21929&oldid=20049).

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: simplefonts wiki page added
@ 2013-06-23 19:45 ` Sander Maijers
From: Sander Maijers @ 2013-06-23 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23-06-13 20:36, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have added a new simplefonts page for new users. (I hope it isn't full
> of errors ;-).)
>
> There may be some missing information, because I don't understand how
> the standard font handling in ConTeXt works.
>
> And I removed duplicated content from the font handling in LuaTeX
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/index.php?title=Fonts_in_LuaTeX&action=historysubmit&diff=21929&oldid=20049).
>
> Just in case it helps,
>

> Pablo

I think your initiative is very helpful!

* Re: simplefonts wiki page added
@ 2013-06-24  9:01 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2013-06-24  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have added a new simplefonts page for new users. (I hope it isn't full
> of errors ;-).)

It's beautiful. A model of completeness and clarity, and I am
especially delighted that you took the trouble to remove the duplicate
info from [[Fonts in LuaTeX]]. Nice work!

I made two minor changes:
* Article names always start with a capital letter (this makes them
easier to guess), so I moved the page to [[Simplefonts]]
* for links to source files, you can use the `src` template:
`{{src|font-ini.lua}}`.

Neither of these changes diminishes the fact that you wrote an
excellent article.

Thanks, and all the best,
Sietse

@ 2013-06-24 17:46   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-06-24 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24/06/13 11:01, Sietse Brouwer wrote:
>> I have added a new simplefonts page for new users. (I hope it isn't full
>> of errors ;-).)
>
> It's beautiful. A model of completeness and clarity, and I am
> especially delighted that you took the trouble to remove the duplicate
> info from [[Fonts in LuaTeX]]. Nice work!

Many thanks for your kind words, Sietse.

> I made two minor changes:

I made another change: I added the compiled documents.

Is there any way to know which fonts are installed with ConTeXt
Standalone (which, I assume, is the distribution the wiki runs)?

Does any font include ancient Greek or Russian (to show the font
fallback mechanism)? Other scripts are fine, but then I'd need help for
that.

> * Article names always start with a capital letter (this makes them
> easier to guess), so I moved the page to [[Simplefonts]]

I avoided that since it was a module name. But you are the expert here.

> * for links to source files, you can use the `src` template:
> `{{src|font-ini.lua}}`.

Thanks, I didn’t know that.

Many thanks for your encouragement and your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2013-06-24 17:51     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-06-24 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/24/2013 7:46 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> On 24/06/13 11:01, Sietse Brouwer wrote:
>>> I have added a new simplefonts page for new users. (I hope it isn't full
>>> of errors ;-).)
>>
>> It's beautiful. A model of completeness and clarity, and I am
>> especially delighted that you took the trouble to remove the duplicate
>> info from [[Fonts in LuaTeX]]. Nice work!
>
> Many thanks for your kind words, Sietse.
>
>> I made two minor changes:
>
> I made another change: I added the compiled documents.
>
> Is there any way to know which fonts are installed with ConTeXt
> Standalone (which, I assume, is the distribution the wiki runs)?

mtxrun --script font --list --all --info

etc

> Does any font include ancient Greek or Russian (to show the font
> fallback mechanism)? Other scripts are fine, but then I'd need help for
> that.
>
>> * Article names always start with a capital letter (this makes them
>> easier to guess), so I moved the page to [[Simplefonts]]
>
> I avoided that since it was a module name. But you are the expert here.
>
>> * for links to source files, you can use the `src` template:
>> `{{src|font-ini.lua}}`.
>
> Thanks, I didn’t know that.
>
> Many thanks for your encouragement and your help,
>

> Pablo

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-06-24 18:24       ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-06-24 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24/06/13 19:51, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 6/24/2013 7:46 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> Is there any way to know which fonts are installed with ConTeXt
>> Standalone (which, I assume, is the distribution the wiki runs)?
>
> mtxrun --script font --list --all --info

Many thanks for your help, Hans.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk