* [NTG-context] It works after a few changes but ..
@ 2023-11-17 14:06 Ursula Hermann
From: Ursula Hermann @ 2023-11-17 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List,
After a few changes i have here an example:
It works, but what I wanted to know is why are there

round brackets after writing \starttheroem if i compile it.
Should be without round brackets.

I have the following example, the text was in a PDF from 2008, called: Theorems in ConTeXt, and also my text with the margin:

\definemargindata  [MyInMargin][inright]
\definemarginframed[MyInMargin][topframe=on,bottomframe=on,rulethickness=1pt,width=1cm]
\margintext{\blackrule[color=black, height=0.25ex, width=1cm]\\}\blackrule[color=black, height=0.25ex, width=7cm]
\setupenumerations
  [ before={\blank[big]},
    after={\blank[big]},
    location=serried,
    width=broad,
    distance=0.5em,
    headstyle=bold,
    titlestyle=normal,
    way=bytext,
    conversion=numbers]
\defineenumeration
  [theorem]
  [    text=Theorem,
      title=yes,
      style=italic,
       list=all,
   listtext={Theorem }]
\starttext
\margintext{2.1.1}{\starttheorem {The square on the hypotenuse is equal
to the sum of the squares on the other two sides. Ach is das schön, dass du da bist}
\stoptheorem
\stoptext

Maybe someone can help me.

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: It works after a few changes but ..
@ 2023-11-17 14:47 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2023-11-17 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023, Ursula Hermann wrote:

> Dear List,
> After a few changes i have here an example:
> It works, but what I wanted to know is why are there
>
> round brackets after writing \starttheroem if i compile it.
> Should be without round brackets.

Are you looking for something like this?

\defineenumeration
  [theorem]
  [
    text=Theorem,
    title=yes,
    width=fit,
    distance=0.5em,
    alternative=serried,
  ]

\starttext
  \starttheorem
    The square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the
    other two sides. Ach is das schön, dass du da bist
  \stoptheorem
\stoptext

Aditya

@ 2023-11-17 16:11   ` Ursula Hermann
From: Ursula Hermann @ 2023-11-17 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Aditya,

yes, thank you so much, this works.

Uschi

________________________________

@ 2023-11-18 14:47 ` Bruce Horrocks
From: Bruce Horrocks @ 2023-11-18 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 17 Nov 2023, at 14:06, Ursula Hermann <ursula.hermann@univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
> \margintext{2.1.1}{\starttheorem {The square on the hypotenuse is equal
> to the sum of the squares on the other two sides. Ach is das schön, dass du da bist}
> \stoptheorem

The spurious parentheses seem to be a side-effect of having unmatched curly brackets in the bit that I have quoted.

The following eliminates them:

[...]

I see also in this thread that you have sad "yes" to Aditya's suggestion. But that doesn't have the margintext. Do you still want/need margintext?

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK

@ 2023-11-20  8:54   ` Ursula Hermann
From: Ursula Hermann @ 2023-11-20  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Bruce,

Yes, I need also margintext.

Many thanks
Uschi

webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / https://context.aanhet.net (mirror) archive  : https://github.com/contextgarden/context

@ 2023-11-21 23:19     ` Bruce Horrocks
From: Bruce Horrocks @ 2023-11-21 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 20 Nov 2023, at 08:54, Ursula Hermann <ursula.hermann@univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
> Dear Bruce,
>
> Yes, I need also margintext.

What do you want to appear in the margin: the theorem number or the section number of the current section?

In other words, what should replace the "hard coded" 2.1.1 that you have in your example?

@ 2023-11-23  9:25     ` Ursula Hermann
From: Ursula Hermann @ 2023-11-23  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List,

After once more a little changes this is the example I wanted, and it is perfekt:

\definemargindata  [MyInMargin][inright]
\definemarginframed[MyInMargin][topframe=on,bottomframe=on,rulethickness=1pt,width=1cm]

\defineenumeration
  [theorem]
  [
    text=Theorem,
    title=yes,
    width=fit,
    distance=0.5em,
    alternative=serried,
  ]
\margintext{\blackrule[color=black, height=0.25ex, width=1cm]\\}\blackrule[color=black, height=0.25ex, width=15cm]
\starttext
\margintext {1.1.1}
  \starttheorem
    The square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the
    other two sides.
  \stoptheorem
\stoptext

Many thanks to Bruce and Aditya for your help.

Regards
Uschi