* Works in ConTeXt, fails in LMTX
@ 2020-11-07 12:09 ntg
From: ntg @ 2020-11-07 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some more details on the font inclusion problem I posted about the other day.

This code:

---begin---
\definefont[fontCoverTitle][name:brushwood at 94pt]
\starttext
This text in default font.

\fontCoverTitle{EXAMPLE}
\stoptext
---end---

works as expected in

  ConTeXt  ver: 2020.03.10 14:44 MKIV beta  fmt: 2020.4.18  int: english/english

but fails (the brushwood font isn't included) in

  ConTeXt  ver: 2020.11.05 23:01 LMTX  fmt: 2020.11.7  int: english/english

If I change the font name to "heros" then it works in both. So I re-ran

  mtxrun --script fonts --reload

and

  mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=brush

lists brushwood and brushwoodsemi but it still fails.

So I'm not quite sure what to look at next.

Regards,
--
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK

* Re: Works in ConTeXt, fails in LMTX
@ 2020-11-07 13:43 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-11-07 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/7/20 1:09 PM, ntg@scorecrow.com wrote:
> Some more details on the font inclusion problem I posted about the other day.

Hi Bruce,

I think that current LMTX has issues with Bondi12CPlus.TTF.

Hans, could you have a look at it? I reproduce can the same issue.

> \definefont[fontCoverTitle][name:brushwood at 94pt]
> \starttext
> This text in default font.
>
> \fontCoverTitle{EXAMPLE}
> \stoptext
>
> works as expected in
>
>   ConTeXt  ver: 2020.03.10 14:44 MKIV beta  fmt: 2020.4.18  int: english/english
>
> but fails (the brushwood font isn't included) in
>
>   ConTeXt  ver: 2020.11.05 23:01 LMTX  fmt: 2020.11.7  int: english/english

I would run first, before compiling again:

  mtxrun --script cache --erase --make && mtxrun --generate

If this doesn’t work, could you replace the your \definefont with the
following version?

  \definefont[fontCoverTitle][file:BrushWood.TTF at 94pt]

(Please, adapt name and cases accordinly.)

If that doesn’t work, please include the full path.

The full path should help LMTX to find the file and it should also give
some info why LMTX cannot find the font by name.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Works in ConTeXt, fails in LMTX
@ 2020-11-07 21:47   ` ntg
From: ntg @ 2020-11-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7 Nov 2020, at 13:43, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:

> On 11/7/20 1:09 PM, ntg@scorecrow.com wrote:
>> Some more details on the font inclusion problem I posted about the other day.
>
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I think that current LMTX has issues with Bondi12CPlus.TTF.
>
> Hans, could you have a look at it? I reproduce can the same issue.

Thank-you Pablo for taking the trouble to reproduce the issue and thank-you Hans for the suggestion: renaming the font from .TTF to .ttf has fixed the problem.

The other font I had trouble with also had an uppercase file extension so that is also fixed now.

--
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK