* \writetolist not writing the number to the TOC
@ 2023-03-25 22:05 Willi Egger via ntg-context
From: Willi Egger via ntg-context @ 2023-03-25 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening!

I have a setup in which I need to send info to the TOC:

Consider the following example:

\starttext

\starttitle[title=Contents]
  \placelist[chapter][criterium=all]
\stoptitle

\startchapter[title=Mychapter]
  \input knuth
  \startsubject[title=Subject will be in TOC]
    \writetolist[chapter]{1}{I am in TOC!}
    \input ward
  \stopsubject
\stopchapter

\stoptext

According to the Wiki I should get te number (1) in the TOC. Instead the text starts at the height of the chapter-numbering and is not carrying the given number.

Am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards
Willi

* Re: \writetolist not writing the number to the TOC
@ 2023-03-26 10:51 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-03-26 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willi Egger via ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 25.03.23 um 23:05 schrieb Willi Egger via ntg-context:
> Good evening!
>
> I have a setup in which I need to send info to the TOC:
>
> Consider the following example:
>
> \starttext
>
> \starttitle[title=Contents]
>    \placelist[chapter][criterium=all]
> \stoptitle
>
> \startchapter[title=Mychapter]
>    \input knuth
>    \startsubject[title=Subject will be in TOC]
>      \writetolist[chapter]{1}{I am in TOC!}
>      \input ward
>    \stopsubject
> \stopchapter
>
> \stoptext
>
> According to the Wiki I should get te number (1) in the TOC. Instead the text starts at the height of the chapter-numbering and is not carrying the given number.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

The wiki says:

“The default table of contents is combined list. To write to it one has
to choose the level to which it should be inserted:
\writetolist[chapter]{1.}{Chapter list entry A},
\writetolist[section]{1.1}{Section list entry A}, etc.”

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/writetolist

So maybe you need a dot?

Otherwise I don’t know.

Hraban

* Re: \writetolist not writing the number to the TOC
@ 2023-03-26 13:10   ` Willi Egger via ntg-context
From: Willi Egger via ntg-context @ 2023-03-26 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hraban,

thank you. I missed this point. However, adding a dot behind the number does not appear to solve the problem. The title’s text still starts at the left margin which looks very odd.

Kind regards
Willi

@ 2023-03-27 13:52     ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-03-27 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willi Egger via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 3/26/2023 3:10 PM, Willi Egger via ntg-context wrote:
> Hello Hraban,
>
> thank you. I missed this point. However, adding a dot behind the number does not appear to solve the problem. The title’s text still starts at the left margin which looks very odd.
>
> Kind regards
> Willi
>
>> On 26 Mar 2023, at 12:51, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Am 25.03.23 um 23:05 schrieb Willi Egger via ntg-context:
>>> Good evening!
>>> I have a setup in which I need to send info to the TOC:
>>> Consider the following example:
>>> \starttext
>>> \starttitle[title=Contents]
>>>    \placelist[chapter][criterium=all]
>>> \stoptitle
>>> \startchapter[title=Mychapter]
>>>    \input knuth
>>>    \startsubject[title=Subject will be in TOC]
>>>      \writetolist[chapter]{1}{I am in TOC!}
>>>      \input ward
>>>    \stopsubject
>>> \stopchapter
>>> \stoptext
>>> According to the Wiki I should get te number (1) in the TOC. Instead the text starts at the height of the chapter-numbering and is not carrying the given number.
>>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> The wiki says:
>>
>> “The default table of contents is combined list. To write to it one has to choose the level to which it should be inserted: \writetolist[chapter]{1.}{Chapter list entry A},
>> \writetolist[section]{1.1}{Section list entry A}, etc.”
>>
>> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/writetolist
>>
>> So maybe you need a dot?
>>
>> Otherwise I don’t know.
\definehead[xsubject][section][number=no]

\setuplist[xsubject][margin=2em]

\starttext
     \starttitle[title=Contents]
       \placelist[chapter,xsubject][criterium=all]
     \stoptitle
     \startchapter[title=Mychapter]
       \input knuth
       \startxsubject[title=Subject will be in TOC1] \input ward
\stopxsubject
       \startxsubject[title=Subject will be in TOC2] \input ward
\stopxsubject
     \stopchapter
\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: \writetolist not writing the number to the TOC
@ 2023-03-27 15:13       ` Willi Egger via ntg-context
From: Willi Egger via ntg-context @ 2023-03-27 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Hans,

that is, what I need. It was even easy to implement in the layout-file only :-) because these sections where already under a “mysection” head.

Kind regards

Willi