* Chapter in header, but not on title page
@ 2020-02-15 20:16 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-02-15 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I guess I’m stupid.
I’d like to have my chapter title in the header on right pages, but not on the first page of a chapter, that always is a right page.
Since I’d like to keep the page number in the header on these pages, I can’t use header=empty.
What’s the right setup for me?

(In the MWE there’s still a page number in the center, that’s not my problem.)

\usemodule[visual]

\setupheadertexts[chapter][pagenumber][pagenumber][]

\setuphead[chapter][
  page=right,
]

\starttext

\dorecurse{5}{
  \startchapter[title={\fakewords{2}{5}}]
  \dorecurse{5}{
    \fakewords{100}{400}\par
  }
  \stopchapter
}
\stoptext

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: Chapter in header, but not on title page
@ 2020-02-15 22:20 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-02-15 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/15/20 9:16 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> I guess I’m stupid.
> I’d like to have my chapter title in the header on right pages, but
> not on the first page of a chapter, that always is a right page.
> Since I’d like to keep the page number in the header on these pages,
> I can’t use header=empty.
> What’s the right setup for me?

Hi Hraban,

I think this is what you intend:

    \usemodule[visual]

    \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided, location=]
    \setupheadertexts[chapter][pagenumber][pagenumber][chapter]
    \definetext[chapter-first][header][][pagenumber]

    \setuphead[chapter][%
      page={yes, header, right},
      header=chapter-first,
    ]

    \starttext

    \dorecurse{5}{
      \startchapter[title={\fakewords{2}{5}}]
      \dorecurse{5}{
        \fakewords{100}{400}\par
      }
      \stopchapter
    }
    \stoptext

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Chapter in header, but not on title page
@ 2020-02-16 11:03   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-02-16 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 2020-02-15 um 23:20 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>

> On 2/15/20 9:16 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> I guess I’m stupid.
>> I’d like to have my chapter title in the header on right pages, but
>> not on the first page of a chapter, that always is a right page.
>> Since I’d like to keep the page number in the header on these pages,
>> I can’t use header=empty.
>> What’s the right setup for me?
>
> Hi Hraban,
>
> I think this is what you intend:
>    \definetext[chapter-first][header][][pagenumber]
>
>    \setuphead[chapter][%
>      page={yes, header, right},
>      header=chapter-first,
>    ]
>
> Just in case it helps,

Thank you, that works in the example, but not in my actual project, and I didn’t find why.
But I found a workaround (used \setupheadertexts before and in the middle of the chapter).
In the end there was just one chapter left where the problem arose, since the other chapters use a different setup (double page intro).

Best, Hraban