* Odd behaviour with Plex typescript
@ 2022-06-30  8:36 Max Chernoff via ntg-context
From: Max Chernoff via ntg-context @ 2022-06-30  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you load the Plex typescript, a spurious space is added on the first
switch to another font, messing up any alignment. This doesn't happen
with any other fonts; only with Plex.

MWE:

     \setuphead[section][style={\switchtobodyfont[modern]}]
     \setupbodyfont[plex]

     \starttext
         \section{A}
     \stoptext

I was able to fix this by removing the space immediately before the "%"
on line 136 of "type-imp-plex.mkiv", changing it from this (original):

         \definefontfeature[plexwideneddefault][default][extend=\luaexpr{1/0.85}] % An odd floating point number to correct monospace.

to this (fixed):

         \definefontfeature[plexwideneddefault][default][extend=\luaexpr{1/0.85}]% An odd floating point number to correct monospace.

I'm pretty sure that TeX is ignoring spaces at this point, so I have no
idea why this issue exists or why the fix works.

-- Max

* Re: Odd behaviour with Plex typescript
@ 2022-06-30 18:27 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-06-30 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Chernoff via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 6/30/2022 10:36 AM, Max Chernoff via ntg-context wrote:
> If you load the Plex typescript, a spurious space is added on the first
> switch to another font, messing up any alignment. This doesn't happen
> with any other fonts; only with Plex.
>
> MWE:
>
>      \setuphead[section][style={\switchtobodyfont[modern]}]
>      \setupbodyfont[plex]
>
>      \starttext
>          \section{A}
>      \stoptext
>
> I was able to fix this by removing the space immediately before the "%"
> on line 136 of "type-imp-plex.mkiv", changing it from this (original):
>

> \definefontfeature[plexwideneddefault][default][extend=\luaexpr{1/0.85}]
> % An odd floating point number to correct monospace.
>
> to this (fixed):
>

> \definefontfeature[plexwideneddefault][default][extend=\luaexpr{1/0.85}]% An
> odd floating point number to correct monospace.
>
> I'm pretty sure that TeX is ignoring spaces at this point, so I have no
> idea why this issue exists or why the fix works.
when you trigger modern it will also process a typescript and that can
itself have spaces introduced

just preload it, as in:

\usebodyfont[modern]

\setupbodyfont[plex]