* \goto with references which don't exist, how to spot?
@ 2003-12-17 13:30 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-12-17 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I use something like \goto{chapter}[some-reference] where this chapter
is not yet written (and thus I have later to check whether it is indeed
called 'some-reference' and not by chance 'some-other-reference').

Unfortunally, ConTeXt writes 'chapter' and not e.g. chapter~{\bf ??} or
chapter~$\blacksquare$ or something else which is easily spotable.
(I like the square, a '\bf ??' is too easily be overlooked.).

How can I make ConTeXt show such a sign if it cannot resolve a
reference?

Tobias

* Re: \goto with references which don't exist, how to spot?
@ 2003-12-17 14:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-12-17 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:30 17/12/2003, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I use something like \goto{chapter}[some-reference] where this chapter
>is not yet written (and thus I have later to check whether it is indeed
>called 'some-reference' and not by chance 'some-other-reference').
>
>Unfortunally, ConTeXt writes 'chapter' and not e.g. chapter~{\bf ??} or
>chapter~$\blacksquare$ or something else which is easily spotable.
>(I like the square, a '\bf ??' is too easily be overlooked.).
>
>How can I make ConTeXt show such a sign if it cannot resolve a
>reference?

How about something:

   \let\normalunknownreference\unknownreference

   \def\unknownreference{\clap{\blackrule[width=.5ex,height=max,depth=max]}\normalunknownreference}

Hans

* Re: \goto with references which don't exist, how to spot?
@ 2003-12-17 14:26 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-12-17 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:30:38PM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> I use something like \goto{chapter}[some-reference] where this chapter
> is not yet written (and thus I have later to check whether it is indeed
> called 'some-reference' and not by chance 'some-other-reference').

I actually wanted to use \in{chapter}[some-reference] in which case {\bf ??}
appears. Nethertheless, is there a way to make dangling \goto{}
refernces more obvious? And I'd still like to see something more visible
than '??' for \in. If one does the $n$-th iteration and glances at the
pages one can easily miss those.

@ 2003-12-17 16:24   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-12-17 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 15:26 17/12/2003, you wrote:
>Hello again,
>
>On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:30:38PM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> > I use something like \goto{chapter}[some-reference] where this chapter
> > is not yet written (and thus I have later to check whether it is indeed
> > called 'some-reference' and not by chance 'some-other-reference').
>
>I actually wanted to use \in{chapter}[some-reference] in which case {\bf ??}
>appears. Nethertheless, is there a way to make dangling \goto{}
>refernces more obvious? And I'd still like to see something more visible
>than '??' for \in. If one does the $n$-th iteration and glances at the
>pages one can easily miss those.

\def\dummyreference{{\tttf HOW STUPID TO FORGET THIS ONE}}

Hans