* Using the separate ConTeXt on macOS (Mojave)
@ 2020-01-25 20:17 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2020-01-25 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I’m installing a clear separate ConTeXt. I’ve installed it in /Applications/context/. According to https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation>:
Creating an Engine for TeXShop
Actually, engine is somewhat misleading. In TeXShop an engine is a script that contains commands that are use to typeset your documents. TeXShop comes with many engines set up to run TeX, LaTeX, Xe(La)TeX and ConTeXt MKII and MKIV that have been installed via MacTeX.
If you want to use ConTeXt Suite you will have to create an TeXShop-engine.
If you have not run TeXShop start it so that the support files for TeXShop are installed for you.
Since in the newer versions of MacOS the users Library-folder is hidden and not accessible from within TeXShop we will use the terminal for simplicity reasons. If you wish you can access the your Library-folder from the Finder and navigate to the Engines-folder inside of the TeXShop-folder inside your Library-folder and choose a ConTeXt-engine.
Start the Terminal you will find it in the Utility-folder in the Applications-folder
Find your username is, if you do not know it already.
The command whoami will output your user name.
Open the standard MKIV engine for TeXShop enter
open -a TeXShop $HOME/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ConTeXt\ \(LuaTeX\).engine
This will open the file in TeXShop and switch to TeXShop

But this .engine file does not exist. There are no .engine files at all (just an Inactive directory). So, what should I do?

* Re: Using the separate ConTeXt on macOS (Mojave)
@ 2020-01-25 20:53 ` Hans Åberg
From: Hans Åberg @ 2020-01-25 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 25 Jan 2020, at 21:17, Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda@rna.nl> wrote:
>
> I’m installing a clear separate ConTeXt. I’ve installed it in /Applications/context/. According to https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation:
> open -a TeXShop $HOME/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ConTeXt\ \(LuaTeX\).engine
> But this .engine file does not exist. There are no .engine files at all (just an Inactive directory). So, what should I do?

The scripts in this directory are not updated, as they may be user modified. They are are stored in the subdirectory Inactive/ConTeXt/. Copy one there, rename, and modify it so that it points the of context you want to use.