* Two questions about buffers
@ 2012-06-30 12:25 Marcin Borkowski
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2012-06-30 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have two questions concerning buffers.

1. What is the difference between \grabbufferdata and \dostartbuffer?

2. I wanted to use buffers to define my own "environment" (as Wolfgang
suggested to me a few days ago).  However, there's a problem with
\baselineskip; here is an example:

\starttext

\def\startMyEnv{\dostartbuffer[MyEnv][startMyEnv][stopMyEnv]}
\def\stopMyEnv{{\tfxx\getbuffer[MyEnv]\par}}

\input tufte

\startMyEnv
  \input knuth
\stopMyEnv

\input tufte

\stoptext

Am I doing something wrong here?

TIA

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: Two questions about buffers
@ 2012-06-30 12:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-30 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-6-2012 14:25, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions concerning buffers.
>
> 1. What is the difference between \grabbufferdata and \dostartbuffer?
>
> 2. I wanted to use buffers to define my own "environment" (as Wolfgang
> suggested to me a few days ago).  However, there's a problem with
> \baselineskip; here is an example:
>
> \starttext
>
> \def\startMyEnv{\dostartbuffer[MyEnv][startMyEnv][stopMyEnv]}
> \def\stopMyEnv{{\tfxx\getbuffer[MyEnv]\par}}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \startMyEnv
>    \input knuth
> \stopMyEnv
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext
>
> Am I doing something wrong here?

\tfxx just switches a font and does not adapt the baseline

use \switchtobodyfont[small] or \tfxx\setupinterlinespace instead

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-06-30 13:50 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-06-30 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.06.2012 um 14:25 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:

> Hello,
>
> I have two questions concerning buffers.
>
> 1. What is the difference between \grabbufferdata and \dostartbuffer?
>
> 2. I wanted to use buffers to define my own "environment" (as Wolfgang
> suggested to me a few days ago).  However, there's a problem with
> \baselineskip; here is an example:
>
> \starttext
>
> \def\startMyEnv{\dostartbuffer[MyEnv][startMyEnv][stopMyEnv]}
> \def\stopMyEnv{{\tfxx\getbuffer[MyEnv]\par}}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \startMyEnv
>  \input knuth
> \stopMyEnv
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext
>
> Am I doing something wrong here?

You can use the annotation module for your environment.

\usemodule[annotation]

\defineannotation[MyEnv][style=\txx]

\starttext

\input tufte

\startMyEnv
 \input knuth
\stopMyEnv

\input tufte

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Two questions about buffers
@ 2012-06-30 18:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-06-30 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.06.2012 um 14:25 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:

> Hello,
>
> I have two questions concerning buffers.
>
> 1. What is the difference between \grabbufferdata and \dostartbuffer?

There is no difference, \grabbufferdata is just the new name for \dostartbuffer in MkIV and it’s recommended to use the name name.

Wolfgang