* bug in TABLE when there is a complex head
@ 2010-12-06  8:39 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2010-12-06  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Developers,
Enclosed is a piece of code that demonstrates a bug in the NaturalTable environment when using a complex head in a multipage case. If you run the following code you will notice that not only does the head get repeated but also the first row of the body of the table. The cause appears to be [nr=2] in the head.

I am using
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009) (format=cont-en 2010.4.14)  6 DEC 2010 08:32
I do apologise if this is fixed in a later version. Thanks for a great program.

\bTABLE[split=repeat]
\bTABLEhead
\bTR
  \bTH[nr=2] head l\eTH
  \bTH head r\eTH
\eTR
\bTR
  \bTH head r\eTH
\eTR
\eTABLEhead
\bTABLEbody
\bTR\bTD first l\eTD\bTD first r\eTD\eTR
\dorecurse{50}{\bTR\bTD subsequent l\eTD\bTD subsequent r\eTD\eTR}
\eTABLEbody
\eTABLE

--
Nigel King

* Re: bug in TABLE when there is a complex head
@ 2010-12-06 13:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-12-06 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6-12-2010 9:39, Nigel King wrote:
> Hi Developers,
> Enclosed is a piece of code that demonstrates a bug in the NaturalTable environment when using a complex head in a multipage case. If you run the following code you will notice that not only does the head get repeated but also the first row of the body of the table. The cause appears to be [nr=2] in the head.
>
> I am using
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009) (format=cont-en 2010.4.14)  6 DEC 2010 08:32
> I do apologise if this is fixed in a later version. Thanks for a great program.
>
> \bTABLE[split=repeat]
> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR
>    \bTH[nr=2] head l\eTH
>    \bTH head r\eTH
> \eTR
> \bTR
>    \bTH head r\eTH
> \eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> \bTABLEbody
> \bTR\bTD first l\eTD\bTD first r\eTD\eTR
> \dorecurse{50}{\bTR\bTD subsequent l\eTD\bTD subsequent r\eTD\eTR}
> \eTABLEbody
> \eTABLE

put this in cont-new.tex:

\unprotect

\def\endtblrow
   {\kern\dimexpr\tbltblrightmargindistance-\tbltblcolumndistance\relax
    \crcr
    \noalign
      {\nointerlineskip
       \ifnum\tblrow>\noftblheadlines
         \ifnum\gettblnob\tblrow=\zerocount
           \allowbreak
         \fi
       \else
         \allowbreak % else no proper head split off
       \fi
       \bgroup % protect local vars
         \@@tblsplitafter
       \egroup
       \bgroup % protect local vars
         \scratchcounter\numexpr\tblrow+\plusone\relax
         \ifnum\scratchcounter>\noftblhdnxlines\relax
           \ifnum\scratchcounter<\maximumrow\relax

\doifsomething\tbltblspaceinbetween{\blank[\tbltblspaceinbetween]}%
           \fi
         \fi
       \egroup}}

\protect

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-12-06 13:58   ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2010-12-06 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,
Thanks very much. That works perfectly.
Nigel

________________________________

@ 2010-12-06  8:43 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-12-06  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/06/2010 09:40 AM, notifications@arthousecoop.com wrote:
> Please resend your email to questions@arthousecoop.com
>
> ------
>
> Hello!
>
> I'm just a mailbox

<subscription ended>

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re:  bug in TABLE when there is a complex head
@ 2010-12-06  8:40 notifications
From: notifications @ 2010-12-06  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Please resend your email to questions@arthousecoop.com

------

Hello!

I'm just a mailbox used for sending notifications and other outgoing mail to people. No human eyes will ever see the message you sent, and that saddens us! Please send your email to questions@arthousecoop.com and we'll be sure to get back to you super duper fast!

Sincerely,

The Art House Co-op Team