* [NTG-context] Slow sreach with new mailing list interfache
@ 2023-07-16  9:25 Michael Loescher
From: Michael Loescher @ 2023-07-16  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

searching the mailing list is very slow recently (since the new interface hast been established).
For example searching for "font" takes 20 seconds for the results to show up.
Is it only me experiencing this phenomenon or ist it a general problem?
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2023-07-16 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

On 7/16/23 11:25, Michael Loescher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> searching the mailing list is very slow recently (since the new
> interface hast been established). For example searching for "font"
> takes 20 seconds for the results to show up. Is it only me
> experiencing this phenomenon or ist it a general problem?
I’m experiencing the delay too, Michael.

I wonder whether this is a general issue with the HyperKitty interface.

BTW, it is really a pity that the new interface doesn’t consider all
messages send from and to the list as with the address of the mailing
list itself.

This would avoid non-intended private replies.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo

@ 2023-07-17  7:10   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2023-07-17  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 16 Jul 2023, at 13:49, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
>
> On 7/16/23 11:25, Michael Loescher wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> searching the mailing list is very slow recently (since the new
>> interface hast been established). For example searching for "font"
>> takes 20 seconds for the results to show up. Is it only me
>> experiencing this phenomenon or ist it a general problem?
> I’m experiencing the delay too, Michael.
>
> I wonder whether this is a general issue with the HyperKitty interface.

There are a lot of messages in the ntg-context archive, which is likely causing the problem. Officially, the search engine is a plug-in so perhaps it can be switched out for a faster one. I’ll see if I can investigate that in the near future. Meanwhile, you can just use the mail-archive search engine. https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=ntg-context%40ntg.nl&q=context&a=1

> BTW, it is really a pity that the new interface doesn’t consider all
> messages send from and to the list as with the address of the mailing
> list itself.
>
> This would avoid non-intended private replies.

I do not have that? If I press “Reply” in my mailer it goes to the list.

Best wishes,
Taco

—
Taco Hoekwater              E: taco@bittext.nl
genderfluid (all pronouns)

@ 2023-07-19 15:46     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2023-07-19 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/17/23 09:10, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> [...]
>> BTW, it is really a pity that the new interface doesn’t consider all
>> messages send from and to the list as with the address of the mailing
>> list itself.
>>
>> This would avoid non-intended private replies.
>
> I do not have that? If I press “Reply” in my mailer it goes to the list.

Hi Taco,

some messages include a "Reply-to" field. But other ones add in the
"From" field with the structure "Name Surname via ntg-context
<ntg-context@ntg.nl>" (original sender address is included in "CC" field).

The second pattern seemed to be the standard before the new HyperKitty
interface.

Many thanks for your reply and your help,

Pablo