* Generating HTML
@ 2021-10-11 17:12 Hans Åberg via ntg-context
From: Hans Åberg via ntg-context @ 2021-10-11 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans Åberg

I would want to generate HTML, but in the example below, "html-test.tex", the index does not show in the file "html-test-export/html-test-div.html", and the source file \index{…}, gets in the HTML a black triangle. The index and links work fine in "html-test.pdf", though.

— html-test.tex —
\definefontfamily     [mainface][math][stix]
\setupbodyfont        [mainface,10pt]

\setupinteraction[state=start, click=yes, focus=standard, color=darkblue]

\setupbackend[export=yes] % Exporting HTML/XML

\defineregister [index]
\setupregister  [index] [indicator=no]

\startchapter[title={Introduction}]

Foobar\index{foobar} out of working order.

\startbodymatter

Foo\index{foo} or bar\index{bar}.

\startbackmatter

\completeindex

\stopbackmatter

\stoptext
—

* Re: generating html
@ 2004-06-23 17:20   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-06-23 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

> Eitan has added some support for that to tex4ht so that may become a
> feasible way of doing it (depends on the layout and such); so, maybe
> you whould look into that (beta zip on tex4ht site) Hans

I just tried it. Installation isn't trivial but the first tests came
out fine.

Patrick
--
texshow-web:  http://members.ping.de:8061
ConTeXt wiki: http://members.ping.de:8062

* Re: generating html
@ 2004-06-23 16:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-06-23 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

jimarin@bayesinf.com wrote:

>is there an easy way to transform a ConTeXt document into html...?
>
>regards

Eitan has added some support for that to tex4ht so that may become a feasible way of doing it (depends on the layout and such); so, maybe you whould look into that (beta zip on tex4ht site)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: generating html
@ 2004-06-23 14:41 ` Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2004-06-23 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 04:04:20PM +0200, jimarin@bayesinf.com wrote:
> is there an easy way to transform a ConTeXt document into html...?

I searched the archives of this mailing list about a year ago for info
on that subject, and found nothing. So it would appear there is no such
way ... though I didn't investigate very deeply.

What I would do--if I were working with new documents--would be to
create the documents in XML; then I could use ConTeXt for the print
version, and XSLT to generate HTML. XSLT isn't exactly easy, but it is
proven and widely used.

If you need to work with documents that are already in ConTeXt ...  you
know, now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't be very hard to
write a script to translate ConTeXt to XML. Once you've done that
translation,  you use XSLT to output HTML.

Again, not easy, but certainly feasible.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)

* generating html
@ 2004-06-23 14:04 jimarin
From: jimarin @ 2004-06-23 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

is there an easy way to transform a ConTeXt document into html...?

regards

Jose