* A corner case relating to corners!
@ 2023-02-04 12:42 Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context
From: Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context @ 2023-02-04 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the Wiki <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupframed> the examples for corner styles 00 - 09 no longer work and the single digit values 0 - 9 need to be used instead. (Styles 10 upwards continue to work as per the page.)

Is this a deliberate change and the Wiki needs to be updated or should the change be reverted for backwards compatibility?

MWE:

\starttext
\framed[corner=7]{Some text}
\stoptext

With value 07 the frame doesn't display, with value 7 the frame appears as expected. (Readers with a long-haired white cat can try corner=007) ;-)

Version: ConTeXt  ver: 2023.01.26 18:34 LMTX
—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK

* Re: A corner case relating to corners!
@ 2023-02-05 11:48 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-02-05 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 2/4/2023 1:42 PM, Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context wrote:
> In the Wiki <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupframed> the examples for corner styles 00 - 09 no longer work and the single digit values 0 - 9 need to be used instead. (Styles 10 upwards continue to work as per the page.)
>
> Is this a deliberate change and the Wiki needs to be updated or should the change be reverted for backwards compatibility?
yes and no ... we not handle them as strings (because we have more
variants) but i can catch it

(i'll send you a test)

% corners-001.tex

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\starttext

% corner options (with radius=0pt rectangular):
%
%  0 round ltrb trbl rblt bltr
%  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ltrb
%  9 lbr rbl / 10 tlb blt / 11 ltr rtl / 12 lbr rbl
% 13 rt tr / 14 rb br / 15 bl lb / 16 tl lt
% 32 lr rl / 33 tb bt
% 28 l / 29 r / 30 b / 31 t

\dostepwiserecurse{0}{33}{1}{
     \startTEXpage[offset=1dk]
         \dontleavehmode\ruledhbox{\framed
           [framecolor=red,
            framecorner=#1,
            frameradius=\zeropoint]
           {TEST #1}}
         \ruledhbox{\framed
           [framecolor=red,
            framecorner=#1,
            frameradius=5pt]
           {TEST #1}}
     \stopTEXpage
}

\stoptext

esp the tb and lr ones are more efficient than using the other frame
methods (off + l/r on)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE