* Section numbering starting from zero, not one
@ 2023-02-16 16:32 Alex Leray via ntg-context
From: Alex Leray via ntg-context @ 2023-02-16 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier via ntg-context; +Cc: Alex Leray

Hello,

I'd like to have roman numerals prefixed sections, but starting from
Zero and not One (even if I know that roman numerals don't have a sign
for 0).

Is there a way to achieve this? My code looks like that at the moment:

###

\setuphead[section][conversion=Romannumerals]

\starttext
\setupheadnumber[section] [-1]
\startsection[title={Section zero}]\stopsection
\startsection[title={Section one}]\stopsection
\stoptext

###

Thank you,

Alex

* Re: Section numbering starting from zero, not one
@ 2023-02-16 19:07 ` Alex Leray via ntg-context
From: Alex Leray via ntg-context @ 2023-02-16 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Alex Leray

Answering my own question… this fits my needs:

###

\defineconversion[romannumeralszero][0, I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII,
VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XIII, XIX, XX, XXI]

\setuphead[section][conversion=romannumeralszero]

\starttext
\startsection[title={Section zero}]foo\stopsection

\startsection[title={Section 1}]bar\stopsection
\stoptext

###

Sorry for the noise

Le 16/02/23 à 17:32, Alex Leray via ntg-context a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to have roman numerals prefixed sections, but starting from
> Zero and not One (even if I know that roman numerals don't have a sign
> for 0).
>
> Is there a way to achieve this? My code looks like that at the moment:
>
> ###
>
> \setuphead[section][conversion=Romannumerals]
>
> \starttext
> \setupheadnumber[section] [-1]
> \startsection[title={Section zero}]\stopsection
> \startsection[title={Section one}]\stopsection
> \stoptext
>
> ###
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alex

Alexandre Leray
+32 487 947 030

Avez-vous pensé à (vous) offrir Médor ?
https://medor.coop/ideescadeau

* Re: Section numbering starting from zero, not one
@ 2023-02-16 22:41   ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-02-16 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Leray via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 2/16/2023 8:07 PM, Alex Leray via ntg-context wrote:
> Answering my own question… this fits my needs:
>
> ###
>
> \defineconversion[romannumeralszero][0, I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII,
> VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XIII, XIX, XX, XXI]
>
> \setuphead[section][conversion=romannumeralszero]
>
> \starttext
> \startsection[title={Section zero}]foo\stopsection
>
> \startsection[title={Section 1}]bar\stopsection
> \stoptext
>
> ###
>
> Sorry for the noise

you can often find hints in the test suite (many small files)

> Le 16/02/23 à 17:32, Alex Leray via ntg-context a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to have roman numerals prefixed sections, but starting from
>> Zero and not One (even if I know that roman numerals don't have a sign
>> for 0).
>>
>> Is there a way to achieve this? My code looks like that at the moment:
>>
>> ###
>>
>> \setuphead[section][conversion=Romannumerals]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \setupheadnumber[section] [-1]
>> \startsection[title={Section zero}]\stopsection
>> \startsection[title={Section one}]\stopsection
>> \stoptext
>>
>> ###
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Alex