* How to enable tabular numerals with simplefonts and otf?
@ 2012-06-09 22:01 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-06-09 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

Hi,

How can I enable tabular numerals please?

Test file, that does not work:

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[LinLibertineIO][size=10pt, tnum=yes]
\starttext
\addff{tnum}
\setff{tnum}
565656565656X\par
000000000000X
\stoptext

TIA for any help!
--
           Peter

* Re: How to enable tabular numerals with simplefonts and otf?
@ 2012-06-10  8:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-06-10  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.06.2012 um 00:01 schrieb Peter Münster:

> Hi,
>
> How can I enable tabular numerals please?
>
> Test file, that does not work:

> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \setmainfont[LinLibertineIO][size=10pt, tnum=yes]
> \starttext
> \addff{tnum}
> \setff{tnum}
> 565656565656X\par
> 000000000000X
> \stoptext

\usemodule[simplefonts]

\definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]

\setmainfont[Linux Libertine O]

\setupbodyfont[10pt]

\starttext
565656565656X\par
000000000000X
\stoptext

or

\definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]

\setupbodyfont[libertine,10pt]

\starttext
565656565656X\par
000000000000X
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: How to enable tabular numerals with simplefonts and otf?
@ 2013-10-19 20:57   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2013-10-19 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jun 10 2012, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]

Hi,

What's the new method please?

I've tried this, but without success:

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Linux Libertine Initials O][features=tnum]
\definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]
\starttext
\addff{tnum}
\setff{tnum}
\feature[+][tnum]
\feature[+][tnum=yes]
565656565656X\par
000000000000X
\stoptext

TIA for any help,
--

@ 2013-10-19 22:28     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-10-19 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/20/2013 5:57 AM, Peter Münster wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10 2012, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> \definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]
>
> Hi,
>
> What's the new method please?
>
> I've tried this, but without success:

> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Linux Libertine Initials O][features=tnum]
> \definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
> \starttext
> \addff{tnum}
> \setff{tnum}
> \feature[+][tnum]
> \feature[+][tnum=yes]
> 565656565656X\par
> 000000000000X
> \stoptext

we probably need a well defined set of predefined features

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\definefontfeature[inlinenumbers]  [lnum=yes]
\definefontfeature[oldstylenumbers][onum=yes]
\definefontfeature[tabularnumbers] [tnum=yes]

\starttext
% 565656565656X\par
% 000000000000X\par
% 111111111111X\par
% \feature[+][inlinenumbers]
565656565656X\par
000000000000X\par
111111111111X\par
\feature[+][oldstylenumbers]
565656565656X\par
000000000000X\par
111111111111X\par
\feature[+][tabularnumbers]
565656565656X\par
000000000000X\par
111111111111X\par
\stoptext

the problem is that combining features is possible but that
is very font dependent

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-10-19 22:53       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-10-19 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/20/2013 7:28 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> the problem is that combining features is possible but that
> is very font dependent

\definefontfeature[inlinenumbers]  [lnum=yes,tnum=no]
\definefontfeature[tabularnumbers] [tnum=yes,lnum=no]

\addfeature[tabularnumbers]

Maybe table mechanisms should have a special key for it (number=yes or
so). It needs a bit of thinking.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-10-20  5:56     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-10-20  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.10.2013 um 22:57 schrieb Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr>:

> On Sun, Jun 10 2012, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> \definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]
>
> Hi,
>
> What's the new method please?
>
> I've tried this, but without success:

> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Linux Libertine Initials O][features=tnum]
> \definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
> \starttext
> \addff{tnum}
> \setff{tnum}
> \feature[+][tnum]
> \feature[+][tnum=yes]
> 565656565656X\par
> 000000000000X
> \stoptext

The features key from \definefontfamily expects the name of a feature set (first argument
of \definefontfeature) and not the name of a opentype feature.

Even when you use the correct it won’t help because the font has a no spacing for
the number 3 to 9.

\definefontfeature[default][default][tnum=yes]

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Linux Libertine Initials O]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,50pt]

\starttext
\dorecurse{9}{\expanded{\dorecurse{9}{\recurselevel}}\par}
\stoptext

Wolfgang