* Global \setup has no effect while ad-hoc setting does
@ 2020-02-14  1:21 Exp
From: Exp @ 2020-02-14  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I want to prevent an overfull hbox caused by an inline typing by making the
alignment very tolerant, but it didn't work:

```
\setupframedtext[
  width=broad,
  align={verytolerant, stretch}
]
\starttext
\startframedtext%[align={verytolerant, stretch}]
xx. xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx-xxxx xx xxxx, xx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx
\type{yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy}.
xxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx.
\stopframedtext
\stoptext
```

while the following works:

```
\setupframedtext[
  width=broad,
  align={verytolerant, stretch}
]
\starttext
\startframedtext[align={verytolerant, stretch}]
xx. xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx-xxxx xx xxxx, xx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx
\type{yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy}.
xxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx.
\stopframedtext
\stoptext
```

ConTeXt version: `mtx-context     | current version: 2019.03.21 21:39`.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Exp

* Re: Global \setup has no effect while ad-hoc setting does
@ 2020-02-14  5:30 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-02-14  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 02:21:03 +0100
Exp <exprosic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I want to prevent an overfull hbox caused by an inline typing by making the
> alignment very tolerant, but it didn't work:
>
> ```
> \setupframedtext[
>   width=broad,
>   align={verytolerant, stretch}

You need a command at the end of the argument because the line end adds a space.

    align={verytolerant, stretch},
                                ^^^

Wolfgang

* Re: Global \setup has no effect while ad-hoc setting does
@ 2020-02-14  6:04   ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-02-14  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 02:21:03 +0100
> Exp <exprosic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I want to prevent an overfull hbox caused by an inline typing by making the
>> alignment very tolerant, but it didn't work:
>>
>> ```
>> \setupframedtext[
>>   width=broad,
>>   align={verytolerant, stretch}
>
> You need a command at the end of the argument because the line end adds a space.
>
>     align={verytolerant, stretch},
>                                 ^^^

This comes up like every other day.  I've documented this now in

    https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Unexpected_behavior#Assignments