* mixed columns
@ 2013-06-25  8:28 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2013-06-25  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

Hi,

I have several questions concerning mixed columns. Here at first a
minimal example:

\useURL[test][http://www.site.com/very/long/long/long/long/long/long/long/long/url]
\def\Section#1{%
 \startsection[title=Title]
   \dorecurse{#1}{\dorecurse{12}{bla }}
 \stopsection}
\starttext
\startmixedcolumns[n=2]
\Section{15}
 \startsection[title=Title]
   \dorecurse{10}{\dorecurse{12}{bla }}
   \footnote{\url[test]}
 \stopsection}
\Section{9}
\Section{9}
\Section{2}
\stopmixedcolumns
\stoptext

1.) How can I avoid, that the footnote overwrites the last line?

2.) How can I get balanced columns?

3.) Why is there additional vertical space around the section titles
   (even with \setuphead[section][before=, after=] there is space)?

TIA for any hints,
--
           Peter

* Re: Mixed columns
@ 2013-03-21 23:01   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-03-21 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.03.2013 um 23:06 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> ok, i figured that one out ... you need to recheck the next beta (tricky node discarding etc)

The text on both columns starts now on the same position and \blank
is now ignored unless one forces the space with \blank[force,…].

Wolfgang

* Re: Mixed columns
@ 2013-03-21 22:06 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-03-21 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/20/2013 11:33 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after the problem with the \column command with the normal columns environment I tried if the original problem can be solved with mixed columns. While the \column command works there a unwanted space appeared at the begin of the second column.
>
> In the following example you can see space from the \blank in the first column is ignored while in the second column it appears in the output.
>
> <example>
> \starttext \showframe
>
> \startmixedcolumns
>
> \blank
>
> text
>
> \column
>
> \blank
>
> text
>
> \stopmixedcolumns
>
> \stoptext
> </example>

ok, i figured that one out ... you need to recheck the next beta (tricky
node discarding etc)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl