* Status of moderncv with ConTeXt ?
@ 2021-12-02  8:26 Laurent Steffan via ntg-context
From: Laurent Steffan via ntg-context @ 2021-12-02  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Laurent Steffan

Hello,

In the deprecated document about "Correspondence" dated 2010, the chapter
on résumés describes a ConTeXt reimplementation of the moderncv package. Is
this still usable, and if so, where can I get the relevant files ?

Thanks in advance
Laurent Steffan

* Re: Status of moderncv with ConTeXt ?
@ 2021-12-03  6:10 ` kaddour kardio via ntg-context
From: kaddour kardio via ntg-context @ 2021-12-03  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

It worked nicely in my 3 machines until one month ago 2 of my 3 machines
don't compile my documents , the third machine runs an older update of
LuaMetaTeX.

@ 2021-12-04 18:30 ` John Lord via ntg-context
From: John Lord via ntg-context @ 2021-12-04 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: John Lord

Laurent Steffan via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> writes:

> Hello,
>
> In the deprecated document about "Correspondence" dated 2010,
> the chapter on résumés describes a ConTeXt
> reimplementation of the moderncv package. Is this still usable,
> and if so, where can I get the relevant files ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Laurent Steffan

Hi all

I am a recent convert to ConTeXt and have been enjoying the ride.
was also not able to get it to work. So, I created a simplified
version which compiles on the latest LMTX version of ConTeXt. I am
including a copy here in case it is of interest to anyone else.
The
files included are resume-style, resume-template, and
cover-context.

This is my first post so hopefully the attachments come through
OK.

[-- Attachment #2: resume-template.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: resume-style.tex --]

[-- Attachment #4: cover-context.tex --]

Regards

John Lord

* Re: Status of moderncv with ConTeXt ?
@ 2021-12-05  7:53   ` kaddour kardio via ntg-context
From: kaddour kardio via ntg-context @ 2021-12-05  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

it worked flawlesly dear John.
Thank you.
PS: how can we do to enrich the environnement and use it as a full-featured
replacement of the older module?

Le sam. 4 déc. 2021 à 19:45, John Lord via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
a écrit :

> Laurent Steffan via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the deprecated document about "Correspondence" dated 2010,
> > the chapter on résumés describes a ConTeXt
> > reimplementation of the moderncv package. Is this still usable,
> > and if so, where can I get the relevant files ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Laurent Steffan
> >

> Hi all
>
> I am a recent convert to ConTeXt and have been enjoying the ride.
> was also not able to get it to work. So, I created a simplified
> version which compiles on the latest LMTX version of ConTeXt. I am
> including a copy here in case it is of interest to anyone else.
> The
> files included are resume-style, resume-template, and
> cover-context.
>
> This is my first post so hopefully the attachments come through
> OK.
>

> Regards
>
> John Lord

Dr YAHYAOUI Mohamed Kaddour, cardiologue  .

* Re: Status of moderncv with ConTeXt ?
@ 2021-12-05 16:29     ` John Lord via ntg-context
From: John Lord via ntg-context @ 2021-12-05 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: John Lord

kaddour kardio via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> writes:

> it worked flawlesly dear John.
> Thank you.
> PS: how can we do to enrich the environnement and use it as a
> full-featured replacement of
> the older module?
>
> Le sam. 4 déc. 2021 à 19:45, John Lord via ntg-context
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> a écrit :
>
>  Laurent Steffan via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> writes:
>
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > In the deprecated document about "Correspondence" dated 2010,
>  > the chapter on résumés describes a ConTeXt
>  > reimplementation of the moderncv package. Is this still
>  > usable,
>  > and if so, where can I get the relevant files ?
>  >
>  > Thanks in advance
>  > Laurent Steffan
>  >

>  Hi all
>
>  I am a recent convert to ConTeXt and have been enjoying the
>  ride.
>  was also not able to get it to work. So, I created a simplified
>  version which compiles on the latest LMTX version of ConTeXt. I
>  am
>  including a copy here in case it is of interest to anyone else.
>  The
>  files included are resume-style, resume-template, and
>  cover-context.
>
>  This is my first post so hopefully the attachments come through
>  OK.
>
>  Regards
>
>  John Lord

I am glad this worked without issue. Unfortunately, I am not a
programmer so producing a general purpose module is beyond my
ability at this stage. This was more of a fun exercise to
replicate my LaTeX-produced moderncv resume into a ConTeXt
version. It also gave me the opportunity to learn the ConTeXt way.

I would be more than happy if somebody else were to take this and
improve.

Regards

John Lord

* Re: Status of moderncv with ConTeXt ?