* footnotes by chapter
@ 2013-02-24 11:17 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2013-02-24 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

I would like to have my footnotes typeset by chapter, using the following input:

\startbuffer
This is some text\footnote{First footnote}.
Followed by more and more text having a footnote\footnote{Second footnote}.
Again some text. Again some text. Again some text. Again some text.
\stopbuffer
\setupfootnotes[location=text,way=bychapter]
\starttext
\chapter{Chapter One}\getbuffer\placefootnotes
\chapter{Chapter Two}\getbuffer\placefootnotes
\chapter{Chapter Three}\getbuffer\placefootnotes
\stoptext

Note the setup parameter "way=bychapter" but the numbering is not restarted with the chapter! Instead they go on and on. See the example output.

How to restart the footnote numbering per chapter if that way= parameter doesn't do it?

Hans van der Meer

ConTeXt  ver: 2013.01.27 21:24 MKIV  fmt: 2013.1.28  int: english/english

[-- Attachment #2: bychapter.pdf --]

* Re: footnotes by chapter
@ 2013-02-24 13:48 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-02-24 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.02.2013 um 12:17 schrieb "Meer, H. van der" <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>:

> I would like to have my footnotes typeset by chapter, using the following input:
>
> \startbuffer
> This is some text\footnote{First footnote}.
> Followed by more and more text having a footnote\footnote{Second footnote}.
> Again some text. Again some text. Again some text. Again some text.
> \stopbuffer
> \setupfootnotes[location=text,way=bychapter]
> \starttext
> \chapter{Chapter One}\getbuffer\placefootnotes
> \chapter{Chapter Two}\getbuffer\placefootnotes
> \chapter{Chapter Three}\getbuffer\placefootnotes
> \stoptext
>
> Note the setup parameter "way=bychapter" but the numbering is not restarted with the chapter! Instead they go on and on. See the example output.
>
> How to restart the footnote numbering per chapter if that way= parameter doesn't do it?

Use \setupnotation[footnote][way=bychapter].

When you use \startchapter … \stopchapter you can flush the footnotes at the end
of each chapter with \setuphead[chapter][aftersection={\placenotes[footnote]}].

Wolfgang