* [NTG-context] Font version parse question
@ 2024-03-07 18:36 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2024-03-07 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all,

The font tweak file libertinus_math.lfg tests for a font version of
*7.040*, but the result of the version parse is *7.040;RELEASE*,
resulting in an error message. I do not know if this is the fault of the
parser or of the font metadata. Changing the test in the .lfg file fixes
the error, but that is not a long-term solution.

The exact message I get in the log is:

    mathematics     > tweak > 'LibertinusMath-Regular', size 10, math
    size 0, version 'Version, 7.040;RELEASE' found, version 'Version
    7.040' expected

This is not a high-priority issue for me -- I have nothing in this
document that would benefit -- but others may appreciate a fix.

--
Rik

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: Font version parse question
@ 2024-03-07 19:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2024-03-07 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/7/2024 7:36 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The font tweak file libertinus_math.lfg tests for a font version of
> *7.040*, but the result of the version parse is *7.040;RELEASE*,
> resulting in an error message. I do not know if this is the fault of the
> parser or of the font metadata. Changing the test in the .lfg file fixes
> the error, but that is not a long-term solution.
>
> The exact message I get in the log is:
>
>     mathematics     > tweak > 'LibertinusMath-Regular', size 10, math
>     size 0, version 'Version, 7.040;RELEASE' found, version 'Version
>     7.040' expected
>
> This is not a high-priority issue for me -- I have nothing in this
> document that would benefit -- but others may appreciate a fix.
Unless we have a crash it's just a warning, more for Mikael and me so
that we know when to check. One cannot rely on a version being a number,
so who knows what to test. Consistency, also within a font family is
often an issue.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl