* Epub export css buglets
@ 2020-01-06 18:08 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2020-01-06 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

A couple of small issues with the css for epub output.

First, back-exp.lua creates, in \jobname-styles.css

    @namespace context url('%namespace%') ;

This should probably be:

    @namespace context url('http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/export') ;

That file also has:

    document,
    %namespace%div.document {
         font-size  : %size% !important ;
         max-width  : %width% !important ;
         text-width : %align% !important ;
         hyphens    : %hyphens% !important ;
    }

which contains the invalid css property text-width. Perhaps that should
be text-align or text-justify.

Something else appears to be creating, in \jobname-defaults.css:

    pubfld[detail="title"],
    div.pubfld.title {
         display     : inline ;
         font-weight : italic ;
    }

which incorrectly assigns italic to font-weight when of course it  is a
font-style as far as css is concerned. This can be seen in file
export-example.css in the distribution.

--
Rik

* Re: Epub export css buglets
@ 2020-01-09 16:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-01-09 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/6/2020 7:08 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> A couple of small issues with the css for epub output.
>
> First, back-exp.lua creates, in \jobname-styles.css
>
>     @namespace context url('%namespace%') ;
>
> This should probably be:
>
>     @namespace context url('http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/export') ;
>
> That file also has:
>
>     document,
>     %namespace%div.document {
>          font-size  : %size% !important ;
>          max-width  : %width% !important ;
>          text-width : %align% !important ;
>          hyphens    : %hyphens% !important ;
>     }
>
> which contains the invalid css property text-width. Perhaps that should
> be text-align or text-justify.
>
> Something else appears to be creating, in \jobname-defaults.css:
>
>     pubfld[detail="title"],
>     div.pubfld.title {
>          display     : inline ;
>          font-weight : italic ;
>     }
>
> which incorrectly assigns italic to font-weight when of course it  is a
> font-style as far as css is concerned. This can be seen in file
> export-example.css in the distribution.
can you make a mwe ...

* Re: Epub export css buglets
@ 2020-01-10 15:59   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2020-01-10 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/9/2020 11:25, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 1/6/2020 7:08 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>> A couple of small issues with the css for epub output.
>>
>> First, back-exp.lua creates, in \jobname-styles.css
>>
>>     @namespace context url('%namespace%') ;
>>
>> This should probably be:
>>
>>     @namespace context url('http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/export') ;
>>
>> That file also has:
>>
>>     document,
>>     %namespace%div.document {
>>          font-size  : %size% !important ;
>>          max-width  : %width% !important ;
>>          text-width : %align% !important ;
>>          hyphens    : %hyphens% !important ;
>>     }
>>
>> which contains the invalid css property text-width. Perhaps that
>> should be text-align or text-justify.
>>
>> Something else appears to be creating, in \jobname-defaults.css:
>>
>>     pubfld[detail="title"],
>>     div.pubfld.title {
>>          display     : inline ;
>>          font-weight : italic ;
>>     }
>>
>> which incorrectly assigns italic to font-weight when of course it  is
>> a font-style as far as css is concerned. This can be seen in file
>> export-example.css in the distribution.
> can you make a mwe ...

Here ya go, about as minimal as I can imagine:

    \setupbackend [export=yes]
    \setupexport  []
    \starttext
    !
    \stoptext

and in the resulting export styles directory, I get:

    g:\yoiks-export\styles>grep "namespace\|weight.*italic\|text-width" *.css
    yoiks-defaults.css:@namespace context url('http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/export') ;
    yoiks-defaults.css:     font-weight : italic ;
    yoiks-images.css:@namespace context url('%namespace%') ;
    yoiks-styles.css:@namespace context url('%namespace%') ;
    yoiks-styles.css:    text-width : justify !important ;
    yoiks-templates.css:@namespace context url('%namespace%') ;

So:

  * three unexpanded %namespace%s,
  * one invalid property (text-width),
  * and one incorrect property (font-weight should be font-style).

--
Rik

* Re: Epub export css buglets
@ 2020-01-17 18:56     ` Rik Kabel