* remote images
@ 2022-10-03 10:28 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-10-03 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

fetching images per URI was supported (and is also documented in the
wiki), but with LMTX 2022.09.11 and one of

\externalfigure[http://tug.org/images/logobw.jpg]
or
\externalfigure[https://picsum.photos/300/200]

I only get the usual grey box. No error message.

Do I need any setup, was this discarded in LMTX, or what’s wrong?

Hraban

* Re: remote images
@ 2022-10-04  5:35 ` Max Chernoff via ntg-context
From: Max Chernoff via ntg-context @ 2022-10-04  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Max Chernoff

Hi Hraban,

> fetching images per URI was supported (and is also documented in the
> wiki), but with LMTX 2022.09.11 and one of
>
> \externalfigure[http://tug.org/images/logobw.jpg]
> or
> \externalfigure[https://picsum.photos/300/200]
>
> I only get the usual grey box. No error message.

Neither of those links are valid images themselves, they are both
redirects. The following works though:

   \starttext
       \externalfigure[https://tug.org/images/logobw.jpg]
   \stoptext

I can't seem to get the second one to work since its redirected URL is a
bit odd.

> Do I need any setup, was this discarded in LMTX, or what’s wrong?

I have no idea if ConTeXt would ever follow redirects before, but I
agree that it would be a useful feature.

Thanks,
-- Max

* Re: remote images
@ 2022-10-04  6:16   ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-10-04  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 04.10.22 um 07:35 schrieb Max Chernoff:
> Hi Hraban,
>
>> fetching images per URI was supported (and is also documented in the
>> wiki), but with LMTX 2022.09.11 and one of
>>
>> \externalfigure[http://tug.org/images/logobw.jpg]
>> or
>> \externalfigure[https://picsum.photos/300/200]
>>
>> I only get the usual grey box. No error message.
>
> Neither of those links are valid images themselves, they are both
> redirects. The following works though:
>
>     \starttext
>         \externalfigure[https://tug.org/images/logobw.jpg]
>     \stoptext

Oops, should have checked better. Thank you!

But yes, following redirects or at least an error message would be nice.

Hraban