* [NTG-context] multicolumn title and abstact (bachotex) using tugboat.mkxl
@ 2024-03-07  9:56 Damien Thiriet via ntg-context
From: Damien Thiriet via ntg-context @ 2024-03-07  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: damien

Hello,

I am currently writing my paper for last year's BachoTeX proceedings.
I am using tugboat.mkxl module to design the layout.

In bachotex proceedings, the author's data and abstract are on a single
column and the article is usually typeset on two columns.
Comments in tugboat.mkxl states:

%D We have several column mechanisms and they all serve a different
purpose. Here we
%D use pagecolumns. They support much of what we can do in single
columns, but of
%D course there are exceptions. Floats can go into columns of aremoved
to the top or
%D bottom when there is no room. We don't span mid column. Notes can go
in columns
%D or at the end. We can start with a single column (for titles and
such).

I can't figure out which part of the file should be used/adapted to
start with a single column.
What I did is to put datas and abstract in a frame and use \placefigure.
As stated in pagecolumns
manual, everything is put on the top of next page. (BTW, there is a
typo: «of aremoved»)

I don't know, whether this MWE helps is relevant, but just in case, here
is what I did:

* copy tugboat.mkxl to a new file p-bachotex.mkxl
* changed p-bachotex.mkxl like this:

\startsetups bachotex:naglowek:columns
     \defineframedtext [Dane]
     \setupframedtext
         [Dane]
         [width=18cm ,
          align=normal,
          frame=no]
     \definenarrower
         [Streszczenia]
         [2*middle]

     \startplacefigure [location={here,none}]
         {\startDane
             {\tfa\getvariable{tugboat}{author}}\par
             \getvariable{tugboat}{address}\par
             {\tt\getvariable{tugboat}{email}}\par

             \startStreszczenia
                 \doifelsebufferempty {abstract} {
                     % no abstract
                 } {
                     \blank[line]

                     \enforced\let\\\endgraf
                     \setups[tugboat:abstract:setup]
                     \startAbstracts[title={Abstract}]
                     \stopAbstracts
                 }
             \stopStreszczenia
         \stopDane}
     \stopplacefigure
\stopsetups

\startsetups tugboat:article:start

   \starttext

     \setups{tugboat:columns:presets}

     \setups{tugboat:banner:setup:\getvariable{tugboat}{type}}

     \setupheadertexts
         [\setups{tugboat:banner:text:article}]
         [pagenumber]

     \setuppagenumber
         [number=\getvariable{tugboat}{page}]

     \startmode[columns]
         \startpagecolumns
     \stopmode

     \setups[tugboat:introduction:article]
     \doifmodeelse{columns}{
         \setups{bachotex:naglowek:columns}
     } {
         \setups{bachotex:naglowek:nocolumns}
     }

\stopsetups

My article begins so:

\enablemode [columns]
\usemodule [bachotex]

% skipped tugboat variables for this MWE

\StartAbstract
   \input tufte
\StopAbstract
\StartArticle
    \input knuth
\StopArticle

Thank you for your help

Damien T

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-03-07 10:57 UTC | newest]