* [NTG-context] typing with scite module and escape
@ 2024-02-24 12:53 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-02-24 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I’m trying to use escaping in a typing environment. It works until I
load the scite module. I need that only for btx highlighting, but I
can’t limit it to that.
What should I do?

\usemodule[scite]
\define[1]\SAY{\hfill{\rm #1}}

\setuptyping[TEX][
   option=tex,% scite sets cld
   escape=yes,
]

\starttext

\startTEX

\starttext/BTEX\SAY{Text starts here}/ETEX
\input tufte
\stoptext/BTEX\SAY{Text ends here}/ETEX

\stopTEX

\stoptext

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: typing with scite module and escape
@ 2024-02-24 16:23 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-02-24 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 24.02.24 um 13:53 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to use escaping in a typing environment. It works until I
> load the scite module. I need that only for btx highlighting, but I
> can’t limit it to that.
> What should I do?
>

> \usemodule[scite]
> \define[1]\SAY{\hfill{\rm #1}}
>
> \setuptyping[TEX][
>    option=tex,% scite sets cld
>    escape=yes,
> ]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startTEX
>
> \starttext/BTEX\SAY{Text starts here}/ETEX
> \input tufte
> \stoptext/BTEX\SAY{Text ends here}/ETEX
>
> \stopTEX
>
> \stoptext

I tried to load the module only in the section where I need it, that
lead to strange errors in later sections, apparently there’s no
encapsulation.

If I comment line 289 in m-scite.mkiv that reads
--visualizers.register("tex",   visualizer)
it works for me.

Would it be possible to unregister a visualizer, or is the call maybe
unnecessary anyway?

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl