* Makeup and page numbering increment
@ 2023-02-15 10:33 Alex Leray via ntg-context
From: Alex Leray via ntg-context @ 2023-02-15 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen via ntg-context; +Cc: Alex Leray

Dear Context users,

I'm new to this mailing-list. I've decided to use Context for two
separate publications. My previous experience with Context was almost 10
years ago and it seems like the resources on Context have greatly
expanded. So thank you all!

There is a little thing that I can't figure out though... In one of my
document I have makeup pages. But inserting them result in wrong page
numbering of subsequent pages. It appears that makeups do not increment
page numbers.

Is this a feature? How could re-establish the right page number for the
rest of the document?

Thank you in advance,

Alex

* Re: Makeup and page numbering increment
@ 2023-02-15 10:43 ` Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context
From: Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context @ 2023-02-15 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, and welcome back!

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 11:42 AM Alex Leray via ntg-context
<ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

> Dear Context users,
>
> I'm new to this mailing-list. I've decided to use Context for two
> separate publications. My previous experience with Context was almost 10
> years ago and it seems like the resources on Context have greatly
> expanded. So thank you all!
>
> There is a little thing that I can't figure out though... In one of my
> document I have makeup pages. But inserting them result in wrong page
> numbering of subsequent pages. It appears that makeups do not increment
> page numbers.
>
> Is this a feature? How could re-establish the right page number for the
> rest of the document?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Alex

Can you show a small example of this behavior?

/Mikael

* Re: Makeup and page numbering increment
@ 2023-02-15 10:52   ` Alex Leray via ntg-context
From: Alex Leray via ntg-context @ 2023-02-15 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Alex Leray

Hi Mikael,

here it is:

%%%
\definemakeup [title] [doublesided=empty]

\starttext
\input knuth
\starttitlemakeup
Title
\stoptitlemakeup
\input knuth
\stoptext
%%%

thanks

Le 15/02/23 à 11:43, Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context a écrit :
> Hi, and welcome back!
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 11:42 AM Alex Leray via ntg-context
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Context users,
>>
>> I'm new to this mailing-list. I've decided to use Context for two
>> separate publications. My previous experience with Context was almost 10
>> years ago and it seems like the resources on Context have greatly
>> expanded. So thank you all!
>>
>> There is a little thing that I can't figure out though... In one of my
>> document I have makeup pages. But inserting them result in wrong page
>> numbering of subsequent pages. It appears that makeups do not increment
>> page numbers.
>>
>> Is this a feature? How could re-establish the right page number for the
>> rest of the document?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Alex
>
> Can you show a small example of this behavior?
>
> /Mikael

Alexandre Leray
+32 487 947 030

Avez-vous pensé à (vous) offrir Médor ?
https://medor.coop/ideescadeau

* Re: Makeup and page numbering increment
@ 2023-02-15 11:03     ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2023-02-15 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex Leray via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> schrieb am Mi., 15. Feb.
2023, 11:59:

> Hi Mikael,
>
> here it is:
>
> %%%
> \definemakeup [title] [doublesided=empty]

Add pagestate=start to the settings.

Wolfgang

* Re: Makeup and page numbering increment
@ 2023-02-15 11:40       ` Alex Leray via ntg-context
From: Alex Leray via ntg-context @ 2023-02-15 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Alex Leray

Thanks a lot Wolfgang, that's perfect!

I added an example in the wiki:

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupmakeup

Have a good day,

Alex

@ 2023-02-15 17:07         ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2023-02-15 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Leray via ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 2/15/23 12:40, Alex Leray via ntg-context wrote:
> Thanks a lot Wolfgang, that's perfect!
>
> I added an example in the wiki:
>
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupmakeup

Hi Alex,

many thanks for adding the info to the wiki.

Just in case it might help, I added an explanation to the main article:

  https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Makeup

Let me know whether it could be improved.

Welcome back to ConTeXt,

Pablo